Full-stack Software Engineer 🔥
Grayce is a global caregiving empowerment platform for family caregivers. We provide a modern, holistic experience to guide families through their care journeys, offering support for each stage and its needs. In partnership with employers, Grayce’s innovative family benefits solution supports inclusion in the workplace, empowering caregivers to navigate their family roles and thrive in their careers.
Our ideal candidate shares our values and is committed to our vision. They are excited to apply their skills on a national and global scale, contributing to the development of a broader solution that supports family caregivers and their loved ones.
At Grayce, our engineering team builds and maintains a platform that has helped thousands of families through one of the most difficult times in their lives. We’re still small and very mission-focused with a goal of using technology to provide the best possible service to our users. Your contributions will have a direct impact on our ability to offer the types of support they need.
We are currently seeking a full-stack engineer to join the team, and we’re looking for developers who can bring curiosity, collaboration, leadership, and a product-centric mindset to their work. You should be an experienced developer with a track record of writing well-designed and thoughtful code.
The Grayce application consists of:
- A GraphQL API written in Ruby on Rails that uses Postgres and Redis
- React/Ionic client apps that support web, iOS, and Android
- An analytics platform built on Omni, Snowflake, and Fivetran
We’re looking for a generalist who can help on all sides of that equation, but you don’t need to have expertise in these specific tools. We value ability over skill and work hard to foster a culture of continuous improvement and professional growth. This position is full-time and fully remote.
What we’re looking for:
We’re more interested in finding a solid developer than a particular set of skills, but the ideal candidate’s experience would include:
- API development with Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, and Postgres
- Client-side app development using modern React
- Ability to manage deployments and infrastructure resources
- Query and performance optimization
- Data analytics skills including the ability to manage data sets, report on them to stakeholders, and produce dashboards in BI tools like Omni
- Working on agile, distributed teams with rapid iteration and solid testing
- Startup experience or the desire to be self directed, ok with ambiguity, and product-focused
- 2+ years software development experience
- Must be based in the USA
What we’ll offer in return:
- We are committed to being a fully remote company
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as 401K
- We pay fairly and offer equity so you share in our success
- We truly care about your time away from the job and will respect your downtime, offer a flexible schedule, and provide unlimited time off
- We occasionally get together IRL in fun places
If this sounds like a good fit, we can’t wait to hear from you!