Finance & Operations Manager 🔥
Finance Management (70%)
- Champion, develop, and implement BFF’s finance strategy, advising and providing vital judgements/insights to our infrastructure
- Provide leadership and direction in the development of short and long range financial plan
- Work closely with BFF’s external accountant to ensure the organization implements the best fiduciary stewardship practices for all financial processes.
- Support the external accountant with preparing reports to executive leadership and board of directors.
- Assist in the audit process by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations/questionnaires.
- Keep financial files organized, up-to-date, and accessible for key internal and external parties including BFF’s auditor, accountant, Managing Director of Infrastructure and Operations and the Executive Director.
- Manage the organization’s credit card and expense reimbursement process (currently Certify Emburse), including training, reporting, tracking, ensuring all expense report submissions within one month of expense incurrence, and providing accurate coding and/or reclassification of all financial transactions. Oversee Chart of Accounts, communicating changes regularly to staff.
- Support grant income tracking and management data entry of payment details/arrival of funds, proper grant categorization, and work closely with the Resource Mobilization team to communicate updates.
- Process payroll via BFF’s payroll system (currently TraxPayroll) for staff and fellows; prepares for Managing Director approval.
- In collaboration with the People and Culture Manager, the Finance Manager will manage the input of IRA contributions monthly.
- Lead the creation of processes for BFF’s finance systems, including proper documentation of financial practices and procedures.
- Manage BFF’s contracting process with vendors and contractors.
- Regularly, in good practice, monitor account statements, check and resolve irregularities.
- Manage all accounts receivable (AR) functions and accounting procedures, including receiving and coding invoices, maintaining the billing system, and properly organizing all documentation, files, and records using Bill.com management software.
- Process full cycle AP- entering invoices, paying bills, filing, and reconciling vendor statements as well as maintaining vendor accounts via Quickbooks Online
- Manage general Accounting activities, including credit card reconciliations/AR
- Manage consultant and vendor payment schedule
- Responsible for drafting contracts for consultants
- Coordinate remote deposit capture of checks opened and recorded by Operations Coordinator.
- Ensure all AP/ AR requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties
- Manage State Tax IDs for the organization.
Operations Management (30%)
- Manage the financial and operational systems, processes, and internal communications in support of the organization's mission ensuring the day to day operations of the organization run effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure electronic and paper filing systems are designed and maintained, including establishing a process for outlining retention, retrieval, and record disposal procedures.
- Manage inventory tracking system of organizational equipment including, age and costs of equipment; assess for upgrades and monitors for appreciation/depreciation value.
- Identify and execute opportunities to enhance BFF’s security, storage, data, and overall IT practices, ensuring it meets current security standards.