Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed is growing at a fast pace and we’re looking for a passionate Senior Developer to join our Data Engineering practice within our Actionable Insights team. The primary function for this position will be to establish and maintain actionable insights for our corporate partners.
You are inspired by generating value by leveraging data within the organization. As a leading technical member of this team, you will be responsible for designing simplified solutions that will change how our customers do business.
What are you going to do?
- Work closely with the B2B Actionable Insights Product Team to rapidly iterate on features
- Participate in code reviews, peer support and architecture
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies to ensure we are always using the best practices
- Grow as a developer through peer mentorship and collaboration
What do you need to bring?
We're looking for a Software Developer who has experience with the following:
- Significant experience developing user facing applications
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Excellent communication skills
- Either experience in, or an interest in working with node.js, golang, and react.js
- Have worked in an agile environment in the past
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What would be great to have?
- Experience in microservice architectures
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS, as well as container technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka)
- Experience with both relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) datastores
- Experience with BI tools (we use Looker)
- Experience with MPP data warehouse (we use BigQuery)
- Practical understanding of HTML, CSS (SASS or equivalent)
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions
- Experience building responsive websites
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience…
- Ability to do your job in a flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Uncapped holiday allowance
- Pension plan
- £400 annual allowance for Health & Wellness (Gym membership, spa days etc)
- Free private health care
- Health cash plan which covers optical, dental & wellness discounts
- Option to work anywhere in the world for 2 months per year
- 24 weeks paid parental leave for all Lightspeeders
- Flexible working model blending remote working and in-office work.
- LinkedIn Learning license.
No salary data published by company so we estimated salary based on similar jobs related to Cloud, CSS, Senior and Engineer jobs that are similar:
$47,500 — $82,500/year
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom