Customer Support Specialist
In a life without sound, our work provides meaning. As a leading provider of innovative hearing care solutions, we are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we – through our core business brands Phonak, Unitron, Connect Hearing, and Advanced Bionics – develop, manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry. Our talented and committed employees all over the world know they contribute to something greater than themselves – they create sense.
The Way We Work
At Sonova we value our employees and prioritize their well-being. We believe people do their best and most innovative work in an inclusive environment that provides opportunities for engagement and collaboration across teams while offering flexibility in how work gets done. We designed our work model team by team, empowering teams to customize a working environment that balances individual team needs with business outcomes. By offering work options, we foster more flexible and individualized time management, contribute to a healthy work-life integration, increase employee satisfaction, build meaningful partnerships at work, and calibrate productivity to acknowledge you have a life outside of work. Sonova has chosen a HYBRID WORK MODEL- Customized by team that keeps our employees motivated and engaged.
At Sonova, we come to work every day knowing that continuous innovation across all disciplines, our shared engagement as a team and our responsible approach to all things we do, brings the delight of hearing to millions of people: to hear better, to listen to music, to communicate effortlessly with friends and loved ones, and to fully enjoy life with all its great variety of sounds. In doing so, our shared core values reflect the corporate culture that defines and unites us as a company across all brands and regions.
- We Care -- We care for our employees, customers and consumers, as well as our shareholders and society.
- We drive innovation -- We courageously pioneer new ideas and approaches to come up with impactful innovations, to delight customers and consumers.
- We strive for excellence -- We act with agility. We aim to excel. We are continuously working on improving products, services, processes and skills, to realize growth.
- We take accountability -- We deliver on our commitments. We take accountability to provide outcomes in agreed quality and time, always acting with integrity.
- We build the best teams -- We team up. We grow talent. We collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds to win with the best team in the market place.
Customer Support Specialist
Purpose of role: The Customer Support Specialist (CSS) is responsible for supporting the sales efforts of the company through customer contact via a variety of support mediums. The CSS is the backbone of the Customer Success infrastructure, creating a hallmark of excellence by providing both exceptional service and proactive interdepartmental support, while continually challenging themselves to maximize efficiency.
Our Offer to You:
- Improving the quality of life of millions of people suffering from hearing loss
- A challenging and motivating assignment as part of a dynamic team
- Modern mindset and processes, accommodating flexible working conditions
- Opportunities for further responsibilities and support for further training and development
- Sonova’s outstanding opportunities and career growth
- Serve customers via phone, fax, mail and/or email by determining requirements, answering inquiries, resolving problems, fulfilling requests, maintain client database, and customer profiles
- Maintain a high inbound call answer rate. (75-80 calls a day avg)
- Resolve problems by clarifying issues, researching and exploring, coming up with alternative solutions, implementing solutions, and escalating unresolved problems
- Redirect complex or specialized concerns to the appropriate team for follow-up (e.g. – Audiology inquiries, technical product support, etc.) when applicable
- Investigate and resolve problems related to the shipment of product, returns, credits, and orders
- Communicate company policies and pricing per price and policy guide
- Day to Day responsibilities could include:
- Answer a large number of inbound calls on a daily basis (60+)
- Assist with billing questions, pricing and warranty inquiries
- Assist with order status and tracking inquires
- Assist with backorder management for sales territory
- Assist with web services
- Assist with case management for sales territory
- Assist with customer account and contact maintenance for sales territory
- Handle customer complaints with sense of urgency and see through to satisfactory resolution
- Work cross functionally to ensure an effortless customer experience
- Ability to consistently meet stated KPIs
- Complies with all local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Complies with all Company policies, processes and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ B2B Customer Service OR minimum 3 years’ B2C Customer Service experience
- At least 2 years SAP experience
- Strong typing proficiency and computer skills
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Applications, including Excel, Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint as well as web interface
- Effectively communicates via telephone
- Displays empathy
- Demonstrates steps of active listening
- Attention to detail with every customer interaction
- Ability to collaborate effective within a team setting
- Strong verbal communicator
- Technical aptitude to learn large product portfolio
- Salesforce experience a plus
Don't meet all the criteria? If you’re willing to go all in and learn we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our online job application platform. For this position only direct applications will be considered. Sonova does not recruit via app, telegram, carrier pigeon or any other format that does not include speaking with an actual human. If you are offered a job without speaking with someone please contact wholesale.HR@Sonova.com
Health Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage*
- Health Savings, Health Reimbursement, Flexible Spending/Dependent Care Accounts
- TeleHealth Options
- 401k plan with company match*
- Company paid life/ad&d insurance
- Additional supplemental life/ad&d coverage available
- Company paid Short/Long-Term Disability coverage (STD/LTD)
- STD LTD Buy-ups available
- Accident/Hospital Indemnity coverage
- Legal/ID Theft Assistance
- PTO, floating Diversity Day, & paid holidays*
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Employee Assistance Program (24/7 mental health support hotline, 5 company paid counseling sessions and more)
- Robust Internal Career Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Hearing aid discount for employees and family
- Internal social recognition platform
- D&I focused: D&I council and employee resource groups
- Plan rules/offerings dependent upon group Company/location.
Sonova is an equal opportunity employer.
We team up. We grow talent. We collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds to win with the best team in the market place. We guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of a candidate’s ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation or marital status, gender, genetic identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.