Title: Product Manager
Employment type: Full time
Location: 100% remote
Supervisor: Executive Director
Anticipated start date: 8 January 2024
HURIDOCS (Human Rights Information and Documentation Systems) is an NGO that helps human rights groups gather, organise and use information to create positive change in the world. Since 1982, we have developed methodologies and tools that make it easier not only to manage collections of evidence, law and research, but also to analyse them for insights. In all that time, technology has evolved but our passion for the cause remains unchanged. Information is a force for good—as long as human rights defenders are able to safely and efficiently make sense of it.
HURIDOCS is seeking a full-time Product Manager to join our remote global team. The Product Manager will work in a diverse, highly motivated organisation of approximately 35 people spread across the globe. Under the supervision of the Executive Director and in close partnership with our Chief Technology Officer and Director of Programmes, the Product Manager will be a key player in delivering our organisational strategy, in particular managing the feature development and machine learning integration of our flagship open source tool. The primary roles of the Product Manager will be to ensure clear and strategic communication between our Technology Team and Programmes Team, prioritise and oversee development workflows, research and understand user needs, and design and deploy a marketing strategy.
Product Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Leads product development, product strategy (in consultation with Executive Director and in line with the broader organisational strategy), and design from concept through development and manufacturing to market launch.
- Conducting market research, generating product requirements, developing marketing strategies, and determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction.
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the organisation’s product to competitors’ products.
- Assesses user satisfaction by evaluating user interviews and surveys results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product adoption forecasts.
- Determines product pricing by utilising market research data, reviewing production and sales costs, anticipating volume, and costing special and customised orders.
- Works with the Communications Team to monitor and ensure product success and market growth.
- Completes operational requirements and meets product development deadlines by scheduling and assigning team members, and following up on work results, including quality control and testing.
- Identifies and manages new and existing product partnerships.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications and content.
Product Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-3 years relevant work experience, including project management experience
- Understanding of the marketplace
- Demonstrable technical know-how
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
- Experience in drafting Product and Market Requirements Documents
- Product innovation and development track record
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Organisational, planning, and documentation skills
- Data analytics and metrics management skills
- User focused
- Budgeting and purchasing
- Prior management experience a plus
- Familiarity with Agile work management and/or the ability to effectively communicate complex processes within and across teams
- Leadership and team management
We welcome diversity and do not discriminate on any basis, including age, gender identity, nationality or sexual orientation. Our team consists of parents and non-parents, self-taught and degree educated. We seek to create a supportive working environment based around the following values: be honest, transparent and dependable; practice appreciation, well-being, compassion and care; and pursue growth and learning.
Salary and benefits:
Competitive for a non-governmental organisation. The starting salary depending on location and experience - ranges between USD 36,000 and USD 54,000 per year.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Paid holiday for year-end office closing
- Local bank holidays
- Tech equipment support
- Work from home allowance
Please send in your application throughwhich includes a few preliminary questions and has a section for you to attach your resume in pdf format. Deadline for receiving applications is Monday, 4th December 2023 by 12pm UTC.