Are you a seasoned grant writer looking for a new cause to believe in? A corporate wordsmith who is hankering to make a real difference? A recent graduate who dreams of changing the world? Then join the extraordinary Recipe for Success Foundation team of dedicated professionals who are working to reverse the epidemic of childhood obesity with programs that empower children with the knowledge and skills they need to live healthier lives and initiatives that make healthy food appealing and available to everyone.
· Work with Recipe for Success staff and board members to research and identify prospective corporate and private foundation donors.
· Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of our organization, and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought.
· Strategically match our Foundation’s funding needs to prospective grantor’s giving priorities
· Create powerful proposals that attract funders’ attention and move them to engage with our work
· Compile, write, and edit grant applications exhibiting strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling.
a. Develop individual grant proposals in accordance with each grant-making organization's preferences and follow exactly each grantor’s guidelines.
b. Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted application in order to be able to supply additional supportive material.
c. Submit weekly reports documenting all activity and follow-up.
· Track real-time activity within the SalesForce system and Grants tracker, keeping campaign accounts and contact details consistently updated.
· Participate in the process of supplying timely progress reports when required by a grant-making organization that has funded a project or program.
· Research grant-making organizations and analyze them to identify the ones most likely in alignment with our projects and programs
· Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly organized.
· Candidate must possess the capacity to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment.
· Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) required; Salesforce strongly preferred.
· Strong math skills and understanding of budgets
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume, list of references and a cover letter that makes a compelling case for why you want to work for Recipe for Success Foundation and why the organization should select you for this key position.
Entry level to mid-career professional
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: