The Montana Abortion Access Program (MAAP) protects and fosters reproductive autonomy by providing access to abortion care through financial, logistical, and emotional support. We are a Montana-based nonprofit and affiliate of the National Network of Abortion Funds.
Abortion is legal in Montana and we are here to ensure that it’s accessible, too. MAAP ensures no one is denied an abortion because of their inability to pay. We offer financial, practical (covering the costs of travel, lodging, food, and/or childcare), and emotional support to our clients. We work with folks facing barriers to accessing abortion care, including both Montanans and folks seeking abortion care in Montana. We trust our clients to know their bodies and needs best.
The most competitive candidates for our organization will bring:
- A passion for and commitment to protecting and ensuring access to abortion care for all people who seek it and;
- Experience with nonprofit management, fundraising, and a combination of strategy and implementation.
Is that you!? Learn more about the position.
● Position Responsibilities
● Qualifications and Experiences
● Working Conditions
● To Apply
The Executive Director will drive and implement MAPP’s strategy, and is responsible for organizational management, client care oversight, fundraising, and communications for the organization.
Organizational Management: Build and implement an organizational strategy and workplan in line with our mission and in accordance with our organizational values. This position will be responsible for financial oversight, client care oversight with staff/volunteers, sustainability of the organization, ensuring compliance with non-profit practices and documentation. This position will manage staff and our relationships with contracted professionals to ensure timely, quality execution of work.
Fundraising: Sustain and grow funding amongst foundations, individuals, and business partners through donor stewardship with existing individual donors and cultivation of new funders. This role will take a lead in identifying funding opportunities, grant writing, and grant management and reporting.
Communications and Outreach: Grow and maintain communications and community outreach to clients accessing our services and current/prospective donors including website, social media and partnerships. This position is responsible for client-facing communications and external collateral including our newly updated website, tabling materials, social media channels (Facebook and Instagram), and earned media. This position will represent the organization in partnerships and community events, and engage with volunteers.
Qualifications and Experiences
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and qualifications for the role.
Required Qualifications and Experiences
- Demonstrated commitment to building power alongside those who have been systematically left out of our political and healthcare systems, especially Indigenous people, low-income people, and transgender and non-binary people;
- Experience developing and implementing organizational plans and impactful programs for social change including day-to-day financial oversight, organizational sustainability, and compliance with non-profit practices and documentation;
- Experience successfully fundraising with foundations, individuals, and business partners including prospecting, grant writing, grant management, budgeting, and reporting;
- Experience and knowledge of accessing social service programs, barriers to care, counseling and delivering direct service, and providing empowerment centered care and social programs
- Experience working with a non-profit Board to ensure programmatic activities meet client needs and are in compliance with 501c3 standards and donor requirements;
- Professional-level experience in communications, including social media, print media, ad buys, and owned media; and
- Proven ability to work independently while also succeeding in a collaborative remote team environment with board and coalition members; and,
Preferred Qualifications and Experiences
- Lived experience with abortion care, in a volunteer or professional capacity, personally or as a provider.
Line of Reporting: The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director will have the latitude to hire staff who will directly report to the Executive Director.
Location: Work remotely from anywhere in Montana.
Physical conditions: Candidates should be comfortable interacting with a computer for most of the work day.
Travel: Some travel both within and outside of Montana may be required for this position, with travel costs covered by the organization.
- Health insurance stipend
- Paid sick leave, paid family leave, paid holidays, and generous paid-time off
- Organizational commitment to professional development, including funding for professional development
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and three references to. Your cover letter should address the following questions:
● Why are you interested in working for the Montana Abortion Access Program?
● What draws you to this position?
● Why is protecting and expanding access to abortion care important to you?
To ensure your submission is properly routed, your subject line should read: “Executive Director”. Applicants will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by December 15th. No calls please.
The Montana Abortion Access Program is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.