Remote Sales Manager
Hello, prospective pickle! Design Pickle is seeking a Sales Manager to join our rapidly growing team! The Sales Manager will leverage their excellent management and coaching skills to lead a team of salespeople to hit growth targets.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing tech-enabled services company that is well-positioned to grow further onto the international stage. Given our aspirational vision to be the best creative enablement platform in the world, and the nature of our products, this role requires sales expertise, entrepreneurial drive, strong interpersonal skills, and an analytical approach to expanding our business.
If you have ever wanted to make a significant contribution and help shape the trajectory of a startup, this role is for you!
Reports to: Vice President of Sales
On a daily basis, works closely with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams.
Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We’re a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us do! But don’t stress if pickles aren’t your thing. It’s not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something, though because our employees’ uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we’re looking for individuals who have...
- Passion for our purpose: To be the most helpful creative company in the world
- Detail-oriented and organized with great skill in managing time
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience within SMB or mid-market sales
- Experience in building or operating within a high-growth SaaS org
- Track record of success in an SMB SaaS high-velocity motion
- Solid track record in implementing operational improvements, such as hiring, training, and sales systems and processes
- Direct involvement in implementing and maintaining creative compensation packages, including pay structure, bonuses, and non-monetary incentives
- Experience in making data-driven decisions regarding people, budgets, workforce, and sales decisions
- Good understanding and knowledge of Sales best practices, ensuring that Design Pickle is continually progressive and maintains our incredible company culture
- Good project management and communication skills. Our team works remotely, and we need to know you can manage your time effectively
- Experience with HubSpot or similar
- A positive, team-oriented approach to leadership
- Managing, coaching, and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Achieving growth and hitting sales targets by managing the sales team
- You will meet and exceed quarterly sales team quotas by holding your team accountable for activities that lead to revenue generation
- Provide regular updates to management on team activities, opportunities, and risks
- Designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands Design Pickle’s customer base and ensures its strong market presence
- Present sales, revenue, and expense reports and forecasts to the leadership team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Work with marketing & product on the development of sales tools
Uncapped PTO: Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.
Major medical healthcare: We offer major medical plans as well as Dental and Vision insurance.
Remote-work flexibility: More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country.
401K: Plan for your future with a 401K with a 3% company match.
World-class Company Hub: More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our Company Hub is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, and of course - as much merch as you need.
In-office gym: Our Company Hub also has a small CrossFit-style gym with a Peloton studio available for any pickles to use!
Life-changing massage chair: We change lives through creativity...and massages. Our team has traveled far and wide to take advantage of a life-changing massage chair that is housed in our Company Hub. One massage is all it will take to radically transform your life.
New parent leave: Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary.
Short Term / Long Term Disability Options
Paid training and personal development: We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers.
Pet insurance: Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures.
Team retreats, social events, and adventures: Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff.
About Design Pickle
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the leading flat-rate creative services company in the world. We have served tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
Design Pickle continues to be one of the fastest-growing companies in America listed on the Inc. 5000 in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023. We’ve also been ranked as an AZ Central Best Place to Work in 2020, 2021, 2023.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart:
Be the SPARK
Let your fire and passion inspire someone else’s day.
Seek out new ways to improve performance, satisfaction, and impact for our customers. Less is more rules supreme.
Give it to me STRAIGHT
Lead with radical and professional candor in every situation. Graciously accept when others do the same. Move forward together and aligned.
HELP when nobody's watching
Find opportunities to support each other and our clients beyond the day-to-day.
Lean into HARD
We thoughtfully select our challenges and tenaciously commit to conquering them.
Make your own PICKLES
We are a collection of incredible individuals who challenge ourselves and each other to grow. Change is celebrated as a sign of progress.
You can learn more about our company, our vision, and what we stand for on our website and social channels. We can’t wait to meet you—thank you in advance for your application!
Design Pickle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will often hear members of the Design Pickle team refer to themselves as “pickles”. Pickles come in an infinite amount of variety, and as such, the pickles at Design Pickle celebrate every aspect of our diverse workforce and do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, nationality, (dis)ability, gender, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. The right pickle for the right opportunity. Design Pickle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice to Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
Design Pickle will not accept resumes from any source other than the candidate. Any unsolicited resume sent to Design Pickle will be considered Design Pickle sourced.
The compensation range for this position is $105,000 to $125,000 annually, plus uncapped commission. The actual salary offer made to a candidate will be made with mindful consideration of a wide range of factors. These factors include but are not limited to skills, qualifications, education/knowledge, experience, and alignment with market data for a given location within the US. In addition to base salary, some positions may be eligible for additional compensation such as bonuses or commissions. This salary data is for our US-based positions only.