Membership Engagement Coordinator
PMJA is looking for a Member Engagement Coordinator (MEC) to join our team. This position is responsible for developing PMJA’s member engagement strategy and the content to execute the strategy in a way that strengthens our value proposition. The MEC will collaborate with other staff to retain and expand membership, maintain and grow the database and subscriber list, and increase dues and non-dues revenue. The MEC will provide communications and support for members to take full advantage of their benefits and opportunities to participate in PMJA events and training.
What a Member Engagement Coordinator does:
A normal day at PMJA will find you starting the day assessing what events or outreach needs immediate attention, planning and editing email newsletters, responding to membership inquiries, managing social media channels, authoring and building website content, and building collateral materials and templates, all in pursuit of increasing member participation and recruitment.
You will partner with our staff of two to track changes to member and prospect information in PMJA’s database. You may find yourself at our annual conference providing live posting, coordinating logistics or simply making sure attendees and speakers are where they need to be. You will work year-round with volunteer committees promoting their efforts for the annual awards, training and education, conference, and leadership recruitment.
We’ll be looking for someone who is self-directed, collaborative and ready to be part of our team. We support one another so that we and our members are able to do our best work.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience working remotely and independently, residing in Massachusetts or South Dakota
- Ability to take ownership of your work and advance PMJA’s mission with joy
- Strong multitasking and time management skills
- Professional experience coordinating association, nonprofit, or foundation communications or membership services
- Excellent oral and written communication, copywriting, proofreading and editing skills
- Experience with email marketing platforms, MailChimp preferred
- Experience designing and editing graphics and compelling content for email or web
- Willingness to learn and take on challenges
This is a remote part-time (25-30 hours per week) salaried position with a starting salary of $25,000. Benefits include a home office technology stipend, unlimited PTO, holidays and a flexible schedule.
While schedules are flexible, PMJA serves a national membership requiring staff to be available for meetings usually between 11am and 6pm ET. Occasional travel may be required.
- Please submit a cover letter, resume and a writing sample that shows off how you might communicate about events, trainings or membership benefits. All should be submitted as attachments. Screen prints of web content to PDF are fine.
- If selected to advance to an interview, PMJA will ask you to complete a short writing exercise.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the process will be closed if a candidate is hired before the application window ends.