Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Lightspeed is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Java Developer. As a Backend developer, you will be supporting Lightspeed's Hospitality product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our advanced hospitality commerce platform.
For this role specifically, you will be joining our POS squad. This squad focuses on the core product and in building the fastest, easiest-to-learn and easiest-to-use POS in the world. . With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we're able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships for our customers.
We are looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded Backend engineer to join our team and help build tools that thousands of customers use every single day to manage their hospitality offerings. You will join a healthy and collaborative team, continuously improving our engineering practices, and delivering state-of-the-art technology, all while keeping it fun.
Above all, your work will change the way the world experiences hospitality!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Creating and extending the functionality of our products by contributing to our microservice-based platform
- Developing clean, highly maintainable and well-tested code
- Develop and evolve our overall backend architecture
- Extending our continuous integration / continuous deployment environment
- Working as part of a team (squad) to deliver product features and functionality
- As part of a squad, you get to work with our Product Managers, Architects, and Principal developers
- Extending your very own skills by learning from and growing with the team
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent foundational knowledge of the Java programming language
- Good knowledge of the Java ecosystem:
- Spring, Spring Boot and the Spring Ecosystem
- Maven (or Gradle)
- Testing frameworks like Mockito, JUnit, Spock, Test containers, Cucumber
- JPA, Hibernate or other ORM
- Other common libraries and tooling like Lombok, Liquibase, Mapstruct, etc
- Experience with both relational/SQL (eg. MySQL) and non-relational/NoSQL (eg. Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, Redis) databases
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests with one of the frameworks.
- Solid foundation of knowledge in computer science
- Able to analyse and debug production problems, incidents and performance issues.
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience in multiple Java ecosystem frameworks.
- Experience scaling Microservice architectures and implementing advanced patterns of distributed and fault-tolerant systems
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with cloud environments like AWS or GCP and their products
- Experience with Kafka or other real-time messaging systems (eg. Pub/Sub)
- Computer Sciences degree or equivalent
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes and running Java containers in the cloud
- Experience in building and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline
- Knowledge on Security topics (authentication and authorization patterns, OAuth2, PKI, etc)
Who you are
- You are a team player who likes to contribute to discussions and share your own experience.
- You are self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- You are always seeking improvement and progress.
- You are eager to make decisions and not afraid of making mistakes.
What is in for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and the possibility of remote work
- Development of very high-traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Tons of growth opportunities in technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed culture
... and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Health & Wellness Credit- expense up to 400 EUR per year towards your gym membership, yoga classes, a new bike or whatever else you do for your health
- Mental Health Support through the Modern Health App- whether it is meditation, coaching or counseling you need - each employee gets access to this platform
- People Experience - Our PX benefit allows you to work from pretty much anywhere in the world for 60 days a year
- LinkedIn Learning: At Lightspeed we believe in having a growth mindset, we provide free access to LinkedIn learning along with your career GPS to help you learn & grow
- Subsidy to annual travel pass if you travel by public transport to the Berlin office
- Regular breakfast or lunches, drinks & snacks in our Berlin office
No salary data published by company so we estimated salary based on similar jobs related to Docker, Java, Cloud, Senior, Marketing, Engineer and Backend jobs that are similar:
$60,000 — $110,000/year
Berlin, Berlin, Germany