World Relief is a global Christian humanitarian organization that is fighting for change that lasts, right here in the U.S. and across the globe. We bring sustainable solutions to the world’s greatest problems – disasters, extreme poverty, violence, oppression, and mass displacement. The organization is approximately 75 years old and has worked in over 100 countries around the world since its founding.
In the United States, we come alongside local churches, community organizations and hundreds of individual volunteers to support newly arriving refugee and other immigrant families. Today, we are proud to partner with over 6,000 local churches, and 95,000 volunteers globally to bring hope, healing and transformation to the most vulnerable.
Are you a person of compassion? An advocate for justice? Someone who stands up for the rights of the vulnerable and speaks out for the marginalized, the exploited and the forgotten? Do you believe in our calling as Christians to welcome the least of these and love our neighbor?
If you answered ‘yes’, to any of the above, World Relief, and millions of people around the world need you.
This position will be responsible for assisting refugees and immigrants to obtain their Initial Health Screening, establish a primary care provider, and help with follow up care. They will provide health education and orientation to the U.S. healthcare system through orientations with all newly arrived refugees and additional workshops. This position will work closely with the transportation volunteers and case managers to provide ongoing health coordination for clients with intensive medical needs.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedule health screening appointments for refugee clients within 30-90 days of arrival
- Manage transportation logistics, including direct provision of transportation as appropriate
- Ensure that follow-up immunizations are scheduled, and that barriers to care are addressed with the client
- Ensure good communication with the health screening clinic and attend bi-monthly meetings to discuss collaboration and client coordination
- Coordinate with health screening clinic to obtain referrals for follow-up appointments
- Assist clients with scheduling appointments and identifying methods of transportation to/from providers for clients without access to personal and/or public transportation
- Provide orientation of the U.S. health care system to new arrivals, including proper filling and following of prescription instructions, medical insurance, when to use primary care vs the emergency room
- Assist client access around COVID vaccination including transportation and provide education to ensure clients can make informed decisions
- Coordinate with medical providers to equip clients to follow plan of care as directed
- Assist clients in identifying a local primary care provider if necessary
- Ensure clients have access to a local pharmacy and assist with initial filling of prescriptions
- Promote the health of immigrants through coordination of health workshops, distribution of COVID tests, and collaboration with local healthcare providers.
- Work closely with internal department teams and external service providers to ensure comprehensive service provision
- Assist with ACA medical insurance when necessary
- Maintain timely and accurate client files, case notes, and reporting records
- Actively participate in department meetings, staff development opportunities, program trainings, community activities, and organizational events
- Collaborate with volunteers and Volunteer Services staff to coordinate the work of volunteers engaging with clients
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated compassion, patience, cross-cultural sensitivity, and strong mediation skills
- Ability to navigate the American health care system including Medicaid
- Adaptable and possessing crisis management skills
- Able to communicate well with limited English-speaking clients and with health care professionals
- Demonstrated teaching and coaching skills with the ability to provide ongoing orientation to refugee participants
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated with strong follow-through and ability to work independently
- Fluency in additional language such as Dari, Pashto, Arabic, Swahili, French, or Spanish strongly preferred
- Mature and personal Christian faith
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief
- Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities
- Able to affirm and/or acknowledge World Reliefs Core Beliefs, Statement of Faith, Christian Identity and National Evangelicals For the Health of The Nation document
- MS Office skills required
- Valid driver’s license, and ability/willingness to drive 15-passenger van required
- Ability to work occasional early mornings, evenings or weekends as necessary
World Relief offers a competitive benefits package (25 hours + per week):
World Relief contributes to monthly premiums:
-Offer 16 Paid Holidays!
- Paid Sick and Vacation Time
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks for qualified employees)
-FSAs: Medical & Dependent Care, & Commuter Funding
-Supplemental Life Insurance (employee, spouse, and children)
-Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident insurance policies
World Relief pays 100% for eligible employees:
-Group Term Life (employee, spouse, and children)
-Long Term & Short-term Disability
-Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
-Long Distance Travel Insurance
-Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
World Relief - Retirement:
-401K & Roth
-WR matches up to 4%, then an additional quarter percent up to 10%
-Eligibility: Full Time is eligible after 3 months of employment. Part time is eligible after 1000 hours in a year.
World Relief Discounts (Immediately Eligible):
-Pet Insurance through Nationwide
-Home and Auto insurance through Liberty Mutual
-Working Advantage Discount Program
World Relief is honored to be recognized with the Cigna Healthy Workforce Designation, Silver Level for meeting or exceeding the core components of our well-being program including leadership and culture, program foundations, program execution, and whole person health.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
· The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
· Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
· The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
· General office setting. World Relief also offers hybrid and remote schedules for limited positions.
· Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in virtual meetings may be required.
· Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
· Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
· Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
· All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Legal Background in the United States
World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. World Relief strictly prohibits and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination against employees on the basis of person’s race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law, which does not conflict with the protections afforded World Relief as a faith-based employer.
In addition, physical or mental limitations will not be a factor in the application of World Relief's employment policies or employee practices, except for those situations in which occupational requirement make consideration of such factors necessary.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.
No salary data published by company so we estimated salary based on similar jobs related to Teaching and Education jobs that are similar:
$42,500 — $60,000/year
🚑 Medical insurance