The National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) is seeking an experienced professional to serve as its Webmaster. This person will work in close partnership with the COO to build on NAHRO’s 90-year commitment to being the leading housing and community development association that inspires the creation of strong and sustainable communities across the United States.
The Webmaster will be responsible for building, managing, maintaining, and improving all company websites with a primary focus on ecommerce. The individual will work closely with leadership to determine website strategy and function to satisfy organizational needs and industry standards.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Manage the day-to-day operation of the company websites, ensuring that the functionality, navigation, and overall performance meet the performance goals.
• Develop and deliver code with an immersive digital experience for desktops, laptops, and mobile devices. These will include websites, applications, emails, and other types of digital marketing materials.
• Conducting cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure consistency across major supported browsers on Mac, PC, iOS and Android platforms, and responsive design.
• Working with client/server developers to interface web applications and services.
• Research and evaluate technical solutions to determine design options and trade-offs.
• Strong experience as a usability strategist (UX designer).
• Integrate data from various back-end services and databases including a Learning Management System and an Association Management System
• Utilize Dev Ops methodology to produce well designed, efficient, secure, and testable deployments.
• Understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best practices.
• Exceptional attention to detail in terms of documentation and usability of the website
• Experience with optimizing SEO and Google Analytics
• Plan for, schedule, and design, content, and functionality/navigation changes
• Backup, upgrade, maintain and perform production support for existing websites.
• A team-oriented and professional demeanor
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology
• 5+ years of applicable work experience
• Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL
• Solid understanding of Angular, RxJS, Bootstrap, JSON, Node.js, .Net, REST APIs
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience designing complex business solutions using appropriate tools, technologies, and methods.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other design applications is a plus.
• Prior experience with Web Content Management Systems a plus
• Related experience with OAuth 2.0, GitHub/Azure DevOps, Blazor, RabbitMQ, MongDB, or MS SQL Reporting and Integration Services a plus
The compensation range for this position is $70,000 - $85,000 per year. NAHRO offers a generous slate of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, transportation allowances, and retirement, among others.
Please note: This position does not offer visa sponsorship. All applicants must be based within the United States with no relocation costs provided.
Please submit: (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume of relevant experience, and (3) any accommodation needed for the application and interview process. Applications will be accepted and reviewed immediately. The position will remain open until filled. Applications should be e-mailed tofor consideration.