Program Manager, Drive Electric Campaign-emerging Economies Battery Sustainability
About the Organization
ClimateWorks Foundation is a global organization committed to our mission: to end the climate crisis by amplifying the power of philanthropy. Since our founding in 2008, we have awarded over $1.3 billion in grants to more than 600 organizations advancing climate solutions around the world. We helped grow the field of climate philanthropy to where it stands today, establishing infrastructure, global networks, and momentum for continued growth. Through our Global Programs and Services, we equip philanthropy with global knowledge, networks, and solutions to drive climate progress.
- Scaling solutions: Our collaborative — focused on solution areas including carbon dioxide removal, cooling, industry, transportation, and more — produce results that are bending the greenhouse gas emissions curve. From the U.S. to Europe, China, Brazil, and beyond, we collaborate with a diverse community of funders, NGOs, and climate leaders to accelerate just and equitable climate solutions.
- Guiding and supporting funders: Our provide funders with comprehensive resources to assess, build, evolve, and execute high-impact climate-giving strategies. Our service equips funders and the climate community with climate insights to pinpoint opportunities for impact and philanthropic insights to help identify investment priorities. We facilitate that enable funders to increase individual and collective impact. Our services enable funders to invest in climate solutions around the world.
- Fostering collaboration, exploration, and growth: Our collaborative approach and commitment to learning ensures that we continuously explore innovative ideas and emerging opportunities — all with the aim of scaling philanthropy-supported initiatives to help end the climate crisis.
As experts in climate science, public policy, economic and social analysis, and strategic philanthropy, ClimateWorks’ staff understands the multi-faceted challenges and opportunities of climate change. We are researchers, strategists, collaborators, and grantmakers who care passionately about our mission. For more information, please visit.
About the Drive Electric Campaign
is the campaign to accelerate the global transition to 100% clean electric transportation for people and goods, delivering massive benefits to the climate, health, and the economy. The campaign advances smart government policies to drive electric vehicle and infrastructure supply and demand; engages business leaders to ensure adequate investment in EV production and procurement; and supports diverse people-powered coalitions working to advance a cleaner transportation future.
The Program Manager, Drive Electric Campaign - Emerging Economies and Battery Sustainability provides high-level project management and support to the ClimateWorks Drive Electric Campaign Director and Associate Director, Transportation. The Program Manager develops, provides input on, and leads sector-based strategies and research. They also facilitate and manage exchanges between internal and external groups and help build internal Drive Electric Campaign capacities to deliver on the campaign’s goals, specifically those related to transportation electrification in emerging economies and battery sustainability. This position supports the team in preparation of materials, including reports and presentations for meetings with internal and external partners, including funders.
The Program Manager is responsible for the following duties:
- Provide assistance and support to the Drive Electric Campaign Director and Associate Director.
- Manage and support a variety of projects contributing to strategy, budgeting, planning, reporting, and grants in the relevant program areas, especially emerging economies and battery sustainability.
- Support the refinement and execution of the Drive Electric Campaign’s emerging economies strategy and grantmaking related to battery sustainability.
- Provide research, planning, and general coordination support to the campaign team to deliver on the goals of the emerging economies strategy.
- Oversee the editing and production of grant reports, communications materials, and funder reports as necessary.
- Assist with production and quality control of outgoing work products.
- Provide general organizational and operations support including for in-person meetings.
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
- 6-8 years’ experience in a program support role with at least 3 years of experience in a relevant sector such as electric vehicles, energy transition, sustainable international development, circular economy, etc.
- Advanced degree in economics, engineering, policy, or other relevant field is preferred
- Experience working in emerging economies is highly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and research and analytical skills
- Ability to initiate and manage projects
- Ability to represent ClimateWorks and the Drive Electric Campaign in meetings with partners in external events
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Good personal and interpersonal communications skills
- Competence in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and numerous databases
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently (both virtually and in-person) with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and multi-task
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptable, and proactive in a dynamic work environment
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Passion for environmental and social issues
- Commitment to the mission and values of ClimateWorks Foundation
- A commitment to a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location).
Salary Range: $95,000 - $110,000 annually ***ClimateWorks strives to create an equitable culture of transparency and fairness.
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. This position is classified as US Flexible. Exceptional candidates can work from the SF office or from other locations, geographic differential applied to compensation based on local cost of labor.
Commitment to Racial and Social Justice
At ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. We aim to foster an inclusive workplace that values diverse lived experiences and emphasizes the voices of marginalized people — especially Black, Indigenous, and People of Color — who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leadership are crucial to winning the climate fight.
To ensure that we are making meaningful progress, we have made a set of diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at ClimateWorks Foundation and as such we are committed to creating a diverse and multi-cultural work environment. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race), ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment.
ClimateWorks Foundation is committed to complying with all laws protecting qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as employees’ religious beliefs and practices. This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment. ClimateWorks Foundation will provide a reasonable accommodation for any known physical or mental disability of a qualified individual and/or employees’ religious beliefs and practices, as required by law.
If you require an accommodation, please notify Human Resources. Once ClimateWorks Foundation is aware of the need for an accommodation, it will engage in an interactive process to identify possible accommodations.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.
Employment at the ClimateWorks Foundation is at-will.
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package:
Multiple options available through Kaiser & UHC
- HMO - 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- POS - Employee pays difference beyond HMO coverage (3 out of 4 POS options are at 100% coverage for employee and dependents)
- Dental –100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Vision – 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Fertility care through Carrot Fertility. Access to on-demand doctor-approved content, pregnancy support, and virtual chats with medical, legal, and regulatory experts.
Disability Benefit (long and short-term)
Life Insurance (3x base salary up to $750k for employee only)
- 20 days (1st year)
- 25 days (2nd - 8th year)
- 30 days (9th year)
- 11 Observed and 2 floating
- After 6 months of service, CWF automatically contributes 9% of gross earnings per pay period to retirement fund*
- After 6 months of service, CWF matches 100% of employee contributions up to a max of 6% of gross earnings per pay period*