Call For Consultants
Sacred Spaces partners with Jewish institutions to prevent and respond to sexual abuse and other abuses of power. Bringing a uniquely Jewish lens, Sacred Spaces is a national organization dedicated to ending institutional abuse through a systemic approach across the lifespan and denominations. It is driven by the belief that healthy and accountable institutions contribute to the overall health and well-being of the Jewish community. Sacred Spaces empowers institutions with the tools they need to prevent and respond to abuse by providing services such as assessments, coaching, case consultations, policy development, and training.
As an organization, we are committed to creating sacred spaces in our internal operations, fostering a workplace environment that models respect, transparency and accountability with clear goal-setting, and a culture of gratitude and improvement. We recognize that our work is possible because of the contributions of our incredible team, and so we invest in their professional development, providing ample opportunities for on-the-ground learning, mentorship, and meaningful involvement in organizational decision making. For more information we invite you to review ourand .
DESCRIPTION OF OPPORTUNITY:
Sacred Spaces is seeking to build a national pool of consultants who have expertise in guiding organizations to address: youth maltreatment, workplace misconduct (such as sexual harassment) or elder abuse within their institutions and communities. Interested consultants must have experience in the delivery of one or more of the following services:
- Writing and reviewing organizational policies;
- Providing guidance and recommendations to organizations in handling misconduct that comes to their attention or conducting investigations;
- Conducting organizational assessments;
- Designing and delivering training for diverse audiences.
Sacred Spaces has particular interest in recruiting and expanding our consultant pool in the greater Los Angeles region.
The Vice President of Consulting will be the primary point person for the consultant, who will operate in coordination with Sacred Spaces staff to both lead and support high-quality service delivery to clients as needs arise on short or long-term projects. Qualified consultants will be onboarded to ensure a clear understanding of Sacred Spaces goals and expectations, consistent service delivery and style, and comfort with Sacred Spaces methodology and tools available to support consulting clients.
As part of working on a project, consultants may be asked to:
- Interact directly with clients.
- Assess client capacity and needs.
- Offer recommendations for next steps to promote safety through the use of a trauma-informed lens.
- Write reports, summaries, and documentation of work in a way that clearly articulate what was learned, accomplished, and any next steps.
- Work with Sacred Spaces staff as a team for the delivery of outputs.
- Prefer 10 years of experience working to prevent and/or respond to youth maltreatment, workplace harassment, sexual violence, or elder abuse with experience serving as a consultnat in one of these fields.
- A commitment to keeping current on advancements in research and field best practices.
- Deep understanding of trauma, and the impact of violence and abuse on victims, their families, communities, and organizations.
- Quick learner and interest in Sacred Spaces approach and service delivery structure.
- Exceptional written abilities with attention to detail, as well as exceptional oral, interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills, with demonstrated training expertise
- Able to operate independently and as part of a team.
- Experienced with handling confidential and sensitive information
- An active and empathic listener.
- Deep knowledge of North American Jewish communities and demonstrated ability to work with people from other backgrounds and experiences.
- Willingness to travel is preferred but not required.
- We are seeking consultants to support our work across the United States. There is also a specific need for consultants based in the Los Angeles-area.
Sacred Spaces believes strongly that all applicants, including Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews, Black, Indigenous, or Other People of Color, people of all abilities, people of all religions, and LGBTQI people should be considered fairly for employment opportunities regardless of identity. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and we recognize that the best candidate may have different qualifications from those listed above. This position could also be an opportunity for someone with experience in one of these areas to build skills in another area. If you believe you are poised to excel at this important work, we encourage you to apply!
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
We look forward to hearing more about your consulting experience!