Workplace Program Administrative Assistant
Tanenbaum promotes justice and builds respect for religious difference by transforming individuals and institutions to reduce prejudice, hatred and violence. As a secular and non-sectarian non-profit, Tanenbaum works to promote religious peacebuilders who help counter extremism and violence in armed conflicts, and tackles religious bullying of students, harassment in workplaces, and disparate health treatment for people based on their beliefs.
Tanenbaum pioneered the work in religious diversity in the workplace. The ultimate impact we work toward daily is that employees of all faiths and none would know themselves as respected in the workplace. We consult directly with national and international corporations, government agencies, institutions of higher learning and leading not-for-profits on issues such as religious bias and accommodation, and train employees at all levels to develop respectful communication around religion in an increasingly diverse workforce. We provide workshops, webinars, panel discussions, policy reviews and consultations for our client companies, in addition to conducting national surveys and other research and resources on religion in the workplace.
The Program Associate will work closely with the entire Workplace team (Associate, Senior Associates, and Assistant Director) and report to the Assistant Director. The Program Associate will occasionally work with the Manager of Programs and CEO. The Program Assistant will also liaise with other programs and departments, as necessary. This includes collaborating with the Operations and Health Care programs on relevant administrative matters.
The Program Assistant will be primarily responsible for coordinating administrative processes, enhancing and creating new processes where appropriate, and liaising with external partners and vendors. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for all WP invoices (Memberships, trainings, dues, etc.).
- Lead programmatic scheduling and calendar maintenance.
- Coordinate cross functional meetings and projects, taking notes and summarizing key takeaways.
- Provide logistical support on programmatic trainings and events.
- Provide research on prospective clients and partners as needed.
- Draft meeting agendas as needed.
- Utilize Asana and Microsoft OneDrive.
- Generate and track member renewal invoices.
- Manage Member tracking (renewals, welcome letters, benefits usage).
- Schedule internal/external calls with clients.
- Coordinate WP training schedules.
- Manage virtual platform logistics.
- Manage live engagement during trainings.
- Track training deliverables.
- Liaise with venue contacts about, but not limited to, registration, tech needs, catering, and quiet rooms.
- Coordinate speaker details such as scheduling, travel reimbursements, honoraria, and gifts.
- Aid in the facilitation of surveys and follow-up materials for Tanenbaum programming and events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum.
- Demonstrated understanding and/or interest in learning about interfaith issues as pertains to workplaces.
- Demonstrated project management experience (e.g., familiarity with Asana).
- Demonstrated skill and comfort with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Microsoft OneDrive.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience planning and executing professional events and conferences a plus.
- Previous experience with monitoring and evaluation a plus.
- Comfort connecting via email and/or direct calls with new contacts.
- Ability and willingness to adapt and support the Workplace Program as technical needs (e.g., e-learning and web-based tools) evolve.
- Comfortable with collaborative efforts but also capable of self-directing workflows and responsibilities.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Experience with distance or online learning helpful.
- Takes initiative.
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Commuter Transit Allocation
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Annual Professional Development stipend
- Three weeks’ vacation accrual during first year
- Annual Home Office Stipend
$40,000-45,000 commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume, and two brief writing samples (less than four pages) to. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email and how you learned of the position.
No phone calls, please.