Business Development and Sales Coordinator
Note: if you are interested in applying for this position, please include a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role and Green Our Planet. If you don't submit a cover letter, your application will not be considered. Thank You!
Are you a detail-oriented, organized, and motivated individual looking to play a pivotal role in driving the growth and success of Green Our Planet? We are seeking a dedicated Business Development and Sales Coordinator to join our team and assist in expanding our mission. As a key member of the Business Development Department, you will support the Director of Business Development and Sales in various tasks, ensuring the smooth operation of our sales efforts and promoting educational and sustainable initiatives.
As a Business Development and Sales Coordinator at GoP, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient functioning of our sales department, allowing the Director of Business Development and Sales to focus on strategic growth. You are highly organized, have a keen eye for detail, and have a knack for keeping team tasks on track. You will report directly to the Director of Business Development and Sales.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales Operations Support:
- Collaborate with the Director of Business Development and Sales and Marketing Manager to organize and execute email campaigns.
- Maintain accurate records of sales analytics, tasks, and progress using appropriate tools and software.
- Learn to research and identify potential sales prospects to expand our reach.
- Ensure contact lists are well-organized and up-to-date for targeted outreach.
- Keep track of timelines for the sales department, ensuring that essential deadlines are met.
- Maintain digital files in an organized manner for easy access to sales-related documents.
- Manage contacts and communication in CRM tools such as Yesware and Hubspot.
- Contribute to the oversight of the Green Our Planet Inquiry Inbox and relay information to the programming team as needed.
- Play a crucial role in maintaining overall organization and ensuring smooth sales operations.
Sales Meetings/Event Management:
- Assist in the planning and execution of sales-related events and/or meetings (mostly virtual but occasional person events/meetings).
- Attend and/or lead occasional in-person events to assist the Business Development Department.
- Maintain an organized calendar of sales activities to ensure timely execution and success.
- Ensure follow up is carried out after sales meetings/events.
- Contribute to sales event logistics, such as coordinating meeting/event attendees, and managing meeting/event-related tasks.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely execution of sales campaigns and events.
- Accurate and up-to-date records of sales analytics and tasks.
- Effective coordination and support for the Business Development Department.
- Timely responses and follow-ups with sales prospects and inquiries.
Education and/or Experience & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and an eagerness to learn CRM tools.
- Passion for Green Our Planet’s mission, sustainability, education, and environmental initiatives.
- Willingness to attend occasional in-person events and represent the organization professionally.
- Experience with Google Suite is a plus
- Experience with a Project Management tool such as Trello is a plus
- Experience with CRM tools such as HubSpot or Yesware is a plus
- Familiarity with educational environments and school systems is a plus.
Remote working requirements:
- Must have a working laptop with a strong internet connection.
- Must have a designated space to work from home.
- Must reside in Las Vegas, Nevada for participation in occasional in-person Sales and/or Business Development events
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong planning, organization, and multitasking skills.
- Adept at both independent work and collaborative teamwork.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Salary -$45,000 (+$2,500 annual performance bonus opportunity)
Green Our Planet offers a competitive benefits package including:
- 401(k) plan
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 17 days Paid time off
- 7 paid holidays + Christmas and Thanksgiving week
- Professional development assistance
- 6-weeks of paid parental leave
Summary: This is an excellent opportunity for someone who believes in the power of education to transform students’ lives and in providing them with more satisfying futures. It’s also an opportunity for those interested in hands-on community engagement and in making a positive impact on the community in terms of improving STEM education, nutrition, and conservation while working for a very dynamic and innovative non-profit that is rapidly expanding across Nevada and the U.S.
For more information, please visit: www.greenourplanet.org
For more information on our program, please watch this 12-minute video:
Diversity is a core value at Green Our Planet. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students and staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Green Our Planet is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.