Senior It Project Manager
Jobs for the Future (JFF) drives transformation of the American workforce and education systems to achieve equitable economic advancement for all. Seeing that millions of people are unfairly shut out of quality jobs and the chance for a better life, our goal is to align education, workforce, and employment changemakers toward a shared North Star: In 10 years, 75 million people facing systemic barriers to advancement will work in quality jobs.
To achieve that goal, we design solutions, scale best practices, influence policy and action, and invest in innovation. With a staff of more than 300 people across the country working remotely and in offices in Boston (headquarters), Washington, DC, and Oakland, California, we operate at the national, state, and local levels, forging deep partnerships with employers, investors, entrepreneurs, policymakers, and education and workforce development providers to break down barriers and reimagine what’s possible.
We’re on a path of ongoing growth and expanding impact. We have an operating budget of $105 million, and we’re funded by dozens of leading government agencies, foundations, and corporations. Learn moreand join us as we build a future that works—for everyone.
DEIBW at JFF
Diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and well-being (DEIBW) are core to JFF’sand mission. We employ and build diverse teams across race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, age, and lived experiences and are constantly working toward ensuring these differences are celebrated and included. We aim to cultivate a culture that centers the overall care, well-being, and success of the employee through flexible work hours, balanced workloads, professional development, and equitable career advancement opportunities. about what DEIBW looks like in practice at JFF.
We seek to invest and learn from those who represent the communities we serve, particularly individuals from populations who have been explicitly or implicitly excluded from the workforce. Knowing its importance to the success of our work and the engagement of our staff members, we aspire to attract and retain a diverse team and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply to our open roles. JFF is a fair chance employer and in alignment to our, we strongly encourage individuals whose highest level of education attained is less than a 4-year degree; People of Color; and people with records to apply.
About the position:
Reporting to the Senior Director of IT, the Senior IT Project Manager will work to implement and integrate core business operational Software as a Service (SaaS) systems to support our organizational growth and maturity. This position will also lead ongoing business relationship activities for the IT department with JFF’s business operations units to ensure a strong working relationship among the entities; this will require collaboration and partnership-building across business units such as Finance, HR, Business Development, Contracts, Marketing and Communications, and more. This role has the opportunity to drive impact across the organization and move JFF towards achieving our North Star by ensuring that teams are equipped with the systems and tools required to meet their business needs.
The Senior IT Project Manager will be responsible for managing the full project lifecycle, from scoping and planning to execution and delivery of multiple simultaneous IT initiatives. Our core operational environment consists of several SaaS systems such as Oracle NetSuite, Greenhouse, Salesforce NPSP, Conga CLM, ADP, Asana, and HubSpot. Ensuring a deep understanding of business processes and effectively mapping them to technical solutions will be critical for this position.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is ready to leverage their IT project management skills and experience to ensure the smooth implementation and integration of SaaS systems, develop strategies to optimize existing systems and processes, and build on JFF’s technical capacity. This position is ideal for a motivated individual who is based in Washington, DC or Boston, MA and seeking to make a lasting impact at JFF by working collaboratively with passionate and mission-driven colleagues.
What you'll do:
Lead implementation, optimization, and integration of key business operational SaaS systems
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather requirements and translate them into technical specifications for SaaS systems
- Manage engagement with external implementation vendors/partners to design, build/configure, and implement desired SaaS solutions
- Develop detailed project plans and track progress, adapting activities as required to stay on track and within scope and budget
- Develop an understanding of technical intricacies of the SaaS products and associated integrations with respect to operational business processes
- Identify potential project risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Ensure delivered systems meet the defined requirements
- Document processes, methodologies, and lessons learned throughout the project
- Develop and execute implementation strategies for workstreams such as the Salesforce/HubSpot/Netsuite integration project
Liase between IT and business units to serve as the business relationship manager
- Foster and maintain positive relationships between IT and business units
- Understand the business processes and their up- and down-stream interdependencies
- Identify opportunities for business process improvements and systems enhancements
- Assist in prioritizing projects based on business needs and IT capacity
- Work closely with the IT Senior Director, Operations Director, and the COO to develop overall strategies for JFF’s IT systems and tools and build a long-term roadmap for usage and innovation
- Translate technical knowledge to tailor communications across a range of teams, business units, and stakeholders
Who you are:
The qualifications listed within the job description are intended as a guide and we do not expect candidates to bring all experiences and skills listed. Research supports that self-selecting out of potential professional opportunities is particularly common among individuals with identities that are marginalized in professional spaces. So, if you believe that you can meet the overall expectations of the position, we encourage you to apply so that we have an opportunity to learn more about you and the unique strengths you would bring to the work.
- You bring experience in implementing and integrating SaaS products (e.g., Oracle NetSuite, Greenhouse, Salesforce, Conga CLM, ADP, Asana, HubSpot, etc.) and business relationship management (New hires at the Director I level at JFF typically bring 10+ years of prior professional experience through a combination of full-time, part-time, internship, and/or freelance positions)
- You have strong technical acumen and understanding of IT operations and SaaS architectures through prior experience or an industry-recognized IT certification
- You are able to learn and implement new technologies quickly and independently
- You use your strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities to understand business processes and requirements and translate them into technical requirements, as well as communicate technical knowledge and information to non-technical teams
- You have strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with experience leading project meetings, managing relationships with external vendors/partners, and facilitating consensus across cross-functional stakeholder teams
- You are proficient with project management software (e.g. Asana)
- You possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission and North Star, and the ability to apply JFF’s core values to all areas of your work
- You function effectively as a team player, collaborating with colleagues at different levels of seniority within your department and organization, while being able to prioritize your work independently
- You model inclusive leadership and are energized by stewarding JFF’s DEIBW values and practices within your day-to-day work, including embracing the differences and celebrating the diversity that each individual brings to JFF
- You value building positive and collaborative relationships with others, including people whose identities and backgrounds differ from your own
- You are able and willing to commute to the Boston or DC office (as needed depending on business needs) and can travel up to 10%. This includes traveling to out of state JFF offices and JFF-led events, as needed (Note: JFF requires COVID-19 vaccination for all work-related travel.)
What We Offer
At JFF, we’re fueled by the desire to create a world where everyone has equal opportunity for economic advancement. Our team works hard to push the boundaries of what is possible, and in return, we provide a gratifying work experience, competitive salaries, and a comprehensivethat includes flexibility and choice as core values in order to support people wherever they are in their lives and careers.
JFF has offices in Boston, Oakland, and Washington, DC; employees are welcome to use JFF office space to work in-person or hybrid, or completely remote. To improve the employee experience and promote productivity while working remotely, JFF offers an annual home office stipend to all regular full-time and part-time employees. In addition, new employees receive office equipment as needed.
The hiring range for this role is $115,000 - $120,000 annually, in alignment to JFF’s Director I salary band and our compensation philosophy. Starting salaries for new hires will be determined based on a combination of the new hire’s relevant experience and market demands.
As part of your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Marcy Jenkins, Senior Director of IT, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
We are accepting applications through December 7, 2023. Applications submitted by that date will be reviewed and candidates will receive updates on their candidacy by the week of December 18, 2023.
At JFF, we’re also committed to accessibility and want to ensure that everyone, including people with disabilities, can fully access and engage with our application and hiring process.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability and/or have specific access/accommodation needs in order to fully participate in our hiring process, please contact us at.
Positions at JFF are not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship or open to F-1 student visa holders.