Director Of Operations
Director of Operations
Remote (Preference for Washington DC-based applicants)
Since 2006, the Tech Coalition has been uniting leading global tech firms to protect children from online sexual exploitation and abuse. Relaunched in 2020, the TC is a rapidly growing coalition of over 35 tech companies, including Google, Meta, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft and Sony, that have made a mutual commitment to support and collaborate for the purpose of eradicating online child sexual exploitation and abuse. We have combined forces to accelerate the technological innovations that will keep children safe, facilitate information and knowledge sharing amongst our members, advance meaningful dialogue between industry and the broader child protection community, drive industry transparency and accountability, and fund independent research.
Tech Coalition Employee Core Values
The Tech Coalition seeks to create the optimal conditions for each team member to make their best contribution to the mission. At the heart of this are four core values we expect all team members to exemplify. We are:
- Committed to one another and to the mission. We dig in and get it done. We own the whole mission. We help and support one another and are accountable for our actions and results.
- Capable of purposeful and thoughtful leadership. We are resourceful, well-prepared, organized, and responsible. We are well-informed and we execute with excellence.
- Creative in our approach to our mission. We are thoughtful, agile, and innovative. We seek out new and better ways forward. We bring new perspectives to solve old and new problems. We have lots of ideas.
- Kind humans. We are friendly, generous, helpful, and considerate.
The Tech Coalition is seeking its first Director of Operations to lead our efforts in driving operational excellence and efficiency in the pursuit of our mission. The Director of Operations will work closely with the executive team and board of directors to develop and implement strategic initiatives, streamline internal processes, and oversee day-to-day operations to ensure the Coalition’s success in ending online child sexual abuse and exploitation. This role requires an exceptional leader with a strong operational background and a deep commitment to our mission.
- The Tech Coalition’s strategic objectives are appropriately resourced and execution is built on clear and measurable indicators of progress.
- The Tech Coalition is recognized as a leading employer with a flourishing and productive workplace culture.
- The Tech Coalition is recognized as a leading resource for big and small companies seeking to build or improve their capacity to stop online sexual exploitation and abuse of children.
Strategic Leadership -
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and the Board to develop and refresh the Coalition's strategy and plans.
- Ensure strategy is aligned to the Coalition’s mission and tightly mapped to clear and measurable outcomes.
- Monitor execution of strategy and drive collaboration amongst the executive team to ensure all strategic objectives are met.
- Identify, evaluate and develop new sources of revenue.
Financial Management -
- Ensure financial resources are deployed with agility to drive strategic priorities forward.
- Manage the organizational finances and budgeting process, ensuring fiscal responsibility and the efficient allocation of resources.
- Lead the relationship with the Finance Committee, ensuring clear and timely communication of financial information to effectively facilitate their governance role.
Operational Oversight -
- Provide day-to-day management of the organization's operations, including human resources, finance, IT and administrative functions.
- Ensure seamless logistics for external events.
- Continuously evaluate and optimize internal processes and policies to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
Organizational Leadership -
- Partner with the Executive Director to build and nurture a positive and high-performing workplace culture that promotes the well-being and productivity of its employees.
- Lead development and execution of workplace strategy, policies and norms that strengthens the Tech Coalition’s culture, employee engagement, and productivity.
- Facilitate routine team meetings that deepen employee engagement, build trust, encourage collaboration, and drive execution.
Compliance and Governance -
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, industry standards, and the bylaws.
- Work closely with the Finance Committee and Board to establish governance policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, nonprofit management, or a related field. Advanced degree (MBA or equivalent) preferred.
- Proven experience in an operations leadership role with a track record of progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Strong financial acumen and experience managing budgets and financial performance.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a diverse team, fostering a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Strategic thinker with a track record of implementing and overseeing successful initiatives.
- Demonstrated success in building high performing teams: recruitment, team development, and employee engagement.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions in complex and sensitive situations.
- Knowledge of the technology industry and relevant regulatory and legal frameworks is a plus.
Location: Preference for Washington DC-based applicants
Travel: Occasional travel required.
Salary Range: $150,000+
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to