Job Title: Data Associate Department: Operations
Reports to: Chief of Staff Effective Date: 01/02/2024
Classification: Full Time Term: Limited
The Data Associate will support the Vot-ER team with its data collection, tracking, hygiene, analysis, and visualization to better enable the team to make data-driven decisions. The Associate will also support the team by administering its two Customer Relationship Management tools (CRMs) and managing data flows between different systems.
- Supervising 1-2 interns
- Engaging in on-going and consistent cross-team collaboration in an effort to achieve organizational goals.
- Create, operate, and maintain documentation on data and CRM procedures to ensure smooth team operations
- Assist with training the team on how to use the CRM, including one-on-one staff support
- Manage data flows between Vot-ER’s different systems
- Build and maintain dashboards visualizing organizational data in order to support with impact evaluation and data-driven decision-making
- Support the team with data collection and acquisition across functions and programs, providing recommendations when possible for better systematization
- Manage relationships with data support services to understand offerings and make recommendations to the Vot-ER team
- Support the Chief of Staff with regularly collecting and presenting organization-wide data to assess Vot-ER’s progress on its Objectives & Key Results
- Assist the Field Organizing team with voter targeting for Get Out the Vote initiatives
- Serve as the main liaison with Vot-ER’s research team on projects evaluating Vot-ER’s work
- Assist the Chief of Staff with overseeing Vot-ER’s tech stack, supporting with tool research and implementation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to explain difficult things in a simple way
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to gain trust and give respect to others through honesty, integrity, kindness, empathy, and authenticity
- Acute attention to detail and demonstrated ability to prioritize time to meet deadlines for multiple projects
- Drive to seek what can be improved and offer ways to fix any potential roadblocks
- Proficiency with Zapier
- Experience with Salesmate and/or EveryAction/VAN
- Experience with data visualization and data visualization tools (eg. Metabase and Google Looker Studio)
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Compensation Range: $43,000 - $45,000 depending on experience
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working at a computer
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds
- Ability to travel a minimum of twice per year.
This is a remote, full-time role. Vot-ER offers a flexible, remote work environment. We have core working hours of 12 pm to 5 pm eastern time, Monday through Friday. During those hours, all employees are expected to be available for meetings and collaboration. Outside of those core hours, each employee sets their own schedule, while recognizing that due to the collaborative nature of the Vot-ER work and mission, employees will often arrange meetings outside of core Vot-ER hours.
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- 100% coverage for your medical, dental and vision insurance
- A week off during Thanksgiving and Christmas
- 401(k) with generous matching
At Vot-ER, the health and safety of our employees and the community is our top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we require all staff to be vaccinated. Staff requesting a medical or religious accommodation can reach out to.