Hiring: Financial Investigator
The mission of the Fair Food Standards Council (FFSC) is to monitor the development of a sustainable agricultural industry that advances the human rights of farmworkers, the long-term interests of growers, and the ethical supply chain concerns of retail food companies through implementation of the(FFP), a unique worker-led, market-driven social responsibility program that emerged from the ’ successful Campaign for Fair Food. The FFP has been recognized by human rights experts as “the best workplace-monitoring program” in the US and “one of the great human rights success stories of our day.” To learn more, please see the FFSC’s .
FFSC is based in Florida, but this position includes the possibility of full-time remote work. Pay is highly competitive within the non-profit sector. Benefits include employer-paid medical, dental, and life insurance; a generous paid vacation, sick, and parental leave policy; all federal holidays; employer-provided laptop and phone; and an employer-matched 401(k) plan.
- Coordinate and conduct comprehensive financial and payroll audits of participating growers’ operations;
- Draft and fact-check payroll analysis assessing compliance with relevant law and the FFP Code of Conduct;
- Analyze supply chain transactions to monitor distribution of the Fair Food Program Premium to farmworkers;
- Design corrective actions addressing systemic risks and non-compliance;
- Work closely with FFSC analysts and other investigators to improve auditing methods and tools;
- Prepare data requests and reports, and organize audit data, using the FFSC database; and
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or higher in accounting or finance, or equivalent work experience;
- Experience with financial auditing standards and procedures;
- Proficiency in Excel;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills;
- Strong attention to organization, detail, and accuracy;
- Strong communication and interviewing skills;
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced setting;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle competing priorities;
- Ability to work well as part of a team, as well as independently;
- Commitment to human rights;
- Desire to work closely with people of different nationalities, gender, and education levels; and
- Spanish-language proficiency useful, but not required.