About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
As the Design Validation Engineer, you will:
This role will:
•Be part of Battery Energy Storage Enclosure System product design team.
•Will closely work with Product development team - design engineers, Program managers, testing and certification team, product manager, Requisition team and other stakeholders.
•Collaborate product design team in finalization of design validation plan and enable team to clear technical review.
•Collaborate with Global Lab team and test engineering team in test plan finalization of different BESS Enclosure programs.
•Support in product test setup preparation and testing.
•Support team in driving RCA analysis
•Support or lead DMFEA effort for the enclosure team.
•Collaborate Certification team to optimize product validation steps.
•Co-ordinate team beyond Enclosure like core engineering, PCS, and control to drive successful product design validation.
•Support in technical documentations.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in the Electrical Engineering field with 5+ years of work experience
- 3+ years of experience in product development, Verification and validation
- 2+ years of experience in the design and/or construction of grid-tied BESS energy storage systems, large-scale renewable systems, and large commercial PV systems.
- Experience in developing comprehensive design validation plans.
- Strong understanding of IEC 62933 and UL9540 certification need
- Strong understanding of the NEC and relevant IEEE standards
- Strong knowledge of DFMEA, DFA, DFM etc.
- Experience in handling RCA activities.
- Experience in component selection like- cables, thermocouples, circuit breakers, UPS, Fuse, Disconnector, SMPS, Sensors etc.
- Experience in result interpretation for mechanical, and electrical system analysis.
- Good understanding of protection system coordination design.
- Experience in handling Bill of Materials.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience & ability to work In a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrate effectiveness working with remote teams.
- Ready to travel based on product validation needs.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
No salary data published by company so we estimated salary based on similar jobs related to Design, SaaS, Testing, Senior and Engineer jobs that are similar:
$55,000 — $95,000/year