Chemical companies are the hidden innovators behind the end-products we rely on every day. Chemistry is used to make every physical good on earth, including the products we love from Tesla, Glossier, Apple, Nike, 3M, and J&J. And yet, the largest and most impactful industry in the world is still doing business the same way it did 100 years ago.
Knowde is building the first B2B digital marketplace for the $5 trillion chemical industry. Chemical companies use Knowde to market and sell their products online for the first time ever. For buyers, Knowde has become their go-to destination to shop across the entire world of chemistry, all in a single destination.
Buyers use Knowde as their go-to destination to discover and purchase chemicals from any chemical producer all in one place. By helping pull this industry online, we will accelerate the innovation behind every physical product in the world.
We’ve raised over $90M from the world’s leading investors, including Sequoia Capital and Coatue, to realize our vision.
Come Join Us!
We’re looking to hire an immensely talented Engineering Manager to join our team. You’ll be managing a set of growing engineering teams and will help us scale our platform capabilities and business in cities across the globe. You’ll collaborate closely with our C-level suite as we define our product and engineering roadmap. Then, you'll manage delivery against that roadmap through your use of good engineering process, leadership and leveraging your past experience. You will have the opportunity to help shape the company’s technological strategy, cultivate the technical environment, and lead, guide and develop our engineering teams.
- If you want a key role at a high-growth B2B SaaS company that asks you to write code AND manage a team of high-performing developers and quality assurance engineers then this is your job.
- You can attract and recruit top talent, motivate and coach the team, delegate effectively and manage performance.
- You're an “extroverted introvert” technical person who loves people.
- You drive new product engineering and scaling existing solutions as part of a collaborative, cross-domain product/engineering team.
- You have a history of experience leading engineering teams, including distributed teams, across multiple, large-scale business or consumer product units.
- You know how to build and improve engineering teams that work on a spectrum of new and creative market-defining products.
- You are a positive, inspiring, and supportive leader; a nurturer of talent.
- You have an engineering mindset, can jump in and contribute to technical designs and improvements.
- You are passionate about excellence and have the knowledge to inspire an engineering team that delivers predictively and at high quality.
- You are a former senior or staff-level engineer with extensive professional software experience.
- You’re a self starter who is driven by the satisfaction of completing a project.
- Your ideal role is a mix of solving technical problems and being a performance coach. One day you're pouring through the code to fix a critical bug and doing code reviews, and another day you’re managing the weekly Sprint inside Jira and grooming the backlog of development requests.
- The problem you desperately want to solve: "How do I create a culture of delivery by empowering my team to estimate accurately and meet deadlines, while keeping critical bugs low, time to resolution low, and ensuring the product roadmap gets delivered on time.”
- Have a strong emphasis on shipping features quickly without sacrificing code quality.
- Own your projects from software design to implementation and deployment.
- Take pride in your work by implementing cutting-edge technologies and writing state-of-the-art code.
- Emphasize simplicity and pragmatism, which is reflected in your elegant code that other developers emulate.
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience, preferably working on advanced B2B products - e-commerce, product catalogs, search, marketing automation, collaboration and marketplaces.
- 1-2+ years of management experience
- Strong technical roots and a skill base that intersects well with Knowde’s tech stack & development tools: Ruby/Rails, Python, React, Kubernetes, AWS, Atlassian tools, etc.
- Working understanding of data privacy and industry compliance.
- Ability to take initiatives from requirements to deployment
- Ability to design and build scalable, high-availability mission-critical systems and APIs.
- React / TypeScript / ES6
- PostgreSQL / Elasticsearch / Redis / S3
Our Perks & Benefits
- Location: Poland - Rzeszów, Lodz, Białystok, or remotely
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Opportunity to work on innovative projects with a strong team of engineers
- Possibility to learn and develop
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Knowde upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
The Controller of your personal data is Kruko Sp. z o.o., with registered office at Rejtana 36, Rzeszów. Your data is processed for the purpose of the current recruitment process. Providing data is voluntary but necessary for this purpose. Processing your data is lawful because it is necessary in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (article 6 point 1b of Regulation EU 2016/679 - GDPR). Your personal data will be deleted when the current recruitment process is finished, unless a separate consent is provided below. You have the right to access, correct, modify, update, rectify, request for the transfer or deletion of data, withdrawal of consent or objection.
No salary data published by company so we estimated salary based on similar jobs related to Design, SaaS, Redis, Python, Typescript, Senior, Marketing and Engineer jobs that are similar:
$60,000 — $112,500/year
🌎 Distributed team