We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will lead all phases of the construction contracting process for design and construction of facilities supporting manufacturing and launch, including the development of contract terms, writing request for proposals, handling the RFP and bidding process, analyzing offers, recommending awards, negotiating contract terms, issuing contracts, auditing progress or milestone payments, and leading all aspects of contracts from inception to final close out. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of contractor management, facility design, bid and contract award processes, and schedules.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Lead the procurement process for construction projects from pre-solicitation through competitive solicitations, contract award, post contract administration, and close out.
- Prepare and execute solicitations, evaluate responses, negotiate contract sum and time, negotiate contract provisions, handle contract change order process, and review/approve payment applications.
- Work with all levels of senior management and third parties for review and implementation of any co-funding arrangements if applicable.
- Prepare contract change notices, supervise, and manage contractor performance.
- Maintain procurement project files for each procurement project and contract. Ensure contractor compliance with legal requirements, owner specifications, and government regulations.
- Work closely with the facilities and construction project management team and other functional groups to ensure all facility requirements are met.
- Verify and ensure contractors have adequate insurance and work with risk management to acquire builder’s all-risk insurance policies.
- Review/audit progress payments to ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Develop contracts using pre-approved agreement templates.
- Work closely with legal to resolve non-commercial terms and conditions.
- Conduct contract compliance reviews and engage in project risk assessment.
- Review progress payments to ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions and to identify unallowable costs.
- Review architectural and engineering service providers and construction contractor's monthly invoices to insure they are accurate, timely, complete, and in compliance with contract terms. This work may include the examination of specific contract requirements, payroll records, rates for overhead & profit, and receipts for direct cost.
- Support procurement team from contract inception to project final closeout.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, construction management, procurement, a technical subject area, or similar.
- 15+ years’ experience combined in purchasing and/or contracts/subcontracts, 5 years working with construction contracts.
- Must be able to travel occasionally to remote sites.
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects. Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, and independently.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills, and a proven ability to drive complex projects to completion.
- Extensive experience with the various types of construction contracts (stipulated sum, cost reimbursable, GMP, labor hour, etc.).
- Knowledge of bid bonding, performance and payment bonding, liability insurance, builder’s all-risk insurance, and construction lien law.
- Experience handling progress payments and deep understanding of cost elements and schedules of value.
- Experience with Cost Accounting Standards, practices, and principles.
- Previous experience with AIA contracts (stipulated sum, cost reimbursable, and GMP).
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Procurement Certification (CPM or CPIM) or Certified Project Manager Professional Certificate.
- Master’s degree in business administration, construction management, or closely related field.
- 10 years working with construction projects.
- Previous experience with AIA contracts (stipulated sum, GMP, T&M).
No salary data published by company so we estimated salary based on similar jobs related to Design, Accounting and Senior jobs that are similar:
$30,000 — $95,000/year