Administrative Coordinator For The Sms Research Foundation
Job Description: Administrative Coordinator for the SMS Research Foundation
The SMS Research Foundation is seeking a part-time Administrative Coordinator. This role serves as the core support for the organization. The ideal candidate will be deeply invested in the nonprofit community and will demonstrate strong communication skills, a robust work ethic, and a can-do attitude. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Coordinator's duties will vary throughout the year based on organizational needs and special projects.
The Administrative Coordinator will:
- General Administration: Execute all administrative duties, including managing all organizational correspondence, such as thank-you letters.
- CRM Management: Coordinate and maintain the CRM; run reports, update letters, enter philanthropic gifts into the donor database, and keep accounts up-to-date.
- Communications: Schedule newsletters, emails, and social media posts; create marketing images using Canva; and manage the production of e-newsletters.
- Inquiries: Respond to calls and emails directed to info@[organization's email]. Guide callers or email correspondents to appropriate resources or personnel.
- Financial Support: Provide administrative support for financial documents.
- Platform Oversight: Oversee and maintain all of the organization's platforms and accounts, including managing the Q-Giv platform during the annual "Steps Move Science Walk."
- Event and Mailing Support: Assist with event-related administrative duties and handle direct mailing support.
- Website Maintenance: Coordinate website updates.
- Board and Philanthropy Support:
- Maintain both internal and external board documents.
- Support prospect research, donor cultivation, and grant preparation.
- Maintain documents required for grant submissions and donor stewardship.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Professionalism: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Tech Savvy: Familiarity with basic office technology and a willingness to learn new platforms.
- Detail-Oriented: A keen attention to detail is required.
- Ethical Standards: A strong work ethic and an unwavering commitment to ethical behavior.
- Industry Awareness: An understanding of nonprofit operations and the rare disease community is desirable.