Senior Operations Manager, Partner Services
Senior Operations Manager, Partner Services (OM) is a primary point of contact for any and all matters specific to Possibility Labs’ partners, and is responsible for building and maintaining long-term relationships, while liaising between partners and cross-functional internal and external teams (People Operations, Accounting, IT, Partnerships, Marketing & Communications) in order to provide excellent service, and support the collection and analysis of user experience data used to identify opportunities to increase our partners’ impact and to continuously improve our service delivery. The Senior OM will work as part of the Partner Services Team within the larger Operations Team and will report to Director, Partner Services.
About Possibility Labs (PL)
Imagine an economy where low-income communities and Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) have the power of self-determination.
Possibility Labs envisions an economy where all people thrive. A 501(c)(3) social finance organization, Possibility Labs’ mission is to accelerate and empower community-driven solutions that are built, led, and governed by and for low-income and BIPOC communities. Possibility Labs supports its partners by providing the essential operational and financial infrastructure to manage and move integrated capital to BIPOC-led movement groups.
Founded in September of 2020, Possibility Labs has already shown significant growth over the past few years. A team of 8 are advancing Possibility Labs’ mission, offering business infrastructure and operations support through fiscal sponsorship and DAF administration to 55 partners internationally.
PARTNER RELATIONS & SERVICE DELIVERY (70%)
- Be the lead point of contact, and build and maintain long-term relationships with our partners, closely working with them on an ongoing basis to assess their needs and provide support.
- Deliver exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis and ensure consistent partner satisfaction across partners.
- Work with partners to co-create solutions for arising issues in a timely manner.
- Work close with the Partnerships team, and lead onboarding and integration of new partners, including conducting training sessions of the business tools.
- Perform HR duties including but not limited to reviewing and providing feedback on job descriptions, offer letters, and 1099 contracts, facilitating the seamless onboarding of new employees affiliated with partners, and offering timely guidance on HR inquiries and matters as they arise.
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve our services and service delivery, and work with the Director, Partner Services to analyze, design, and implement better quality, efficient, and impactful solutions.
- Maintain and development improvements for the Possibility Portal.
CROSS-FUNCTIONAL COLLABORATION (15%)
- Liaise between partners and internal/external teams to delegate certain partner inquiries to appropriate teams.
- Identify opportunities for partners to increase their impact on BIPOC communities and work with Partnerships Team to further explore and execute such opportunities.
- Liaise with the People Operations and Partnerships Teams to ensure our services and delivery align with our partners’ needs.
- In collaboration with other teams, develop and implement policies, processes, and procedures necessary for meeting the needs of partners.
FINANCE AND BUDGETING (10%)
- Support partners in their annual budgeting process.
- Participate in the development of annual budget and operating plan of the Partner Services Team.
- Support in the review of project monthly financial reports and respond to partner inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently does not supervise other employees.
Expected Hours of Work
PL’s office hours are Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m PST, with some flexibility depending on location. While expected to be available during the regular office hours, daily schedule is flexible and will be decided in consultation with the supervisor and based on the scope of work and organizational needs.
- No significant travel expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Commitment in practice to racial, gender, and social justice;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Prior customer service experience;
- Prior human resources experience and human resources certification (e.g. PHR, SHRM-CP);
- Mix of for-profit and non-profit experience preferred;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written;
- Experience and ability to effectively work within a team, as well as to collaborate cross-functionally;
- Ability to switch between detail-intensive data processing and relationship-based interaction with ease;
- Excellent attention to detail while keeping abreast of the big picture;
- Strong project management skills and experience, especially managing and making progress on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to handle diverse challenges with a calm demeanor and positive outlook and be oriented towards excellence in customer service;
- Adaptability and strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Innovative, creative thinking skills to ensure the organization is providing a cutting-edge client experience;
- Working knowledge of MS Office 365 and Google Suite is required;
- Experience with Salesforce, Bill.com, Xero, Divvy, Zendesk, Interact, and/or Monday.com is a plus;
- Being savvy with project management tools is a plus;
- Knowledge of new economy/integrated capital field and Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) is helpful; and
- Growth mindset, and willingness to give and receive feedback.
Position Type and Compensation
- 100% FTE, exempt, salaried position. Annual gross pay is $110K.
- 100% FTE full-time is 40 hours per week.
Possibility Labs is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. Possibility Labs welcomes applicants of all backgrounds and walks of life. We strongly encourage applications from members of marginalized communities, including but not limited to people of color and those who identify as LGBTQIA+.