Nonprofit Marketing & Data Specialist, Child Welfare
Join a team that makes a difference in the lives of children and teens in the US foster care system!
NAA is seeking a Marketing & Data Specialist to join its team!
The Marketing & Data Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing an outreach and communication strategy for the National Center for Enhanced Post Adoption Support and National Center for Adoption-Competent Mental Health Services. The Marketing & Data Specialist reports directly to the National Director of Equity & Partnerships. The Marketing & Data Specialist will be an integral part of an organization dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children and families involved with the foster care system.
Because all children need families, the National Adoption Association (NAA) serves its members by stimulating innovative solutions, eliminating barriers, advocating, educating, and sharing excellent practice. Our central goal is to assist and encourage our members nationwide as they find adoptive families for all children and youth who wait in foster care.
This position is remote.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of Marketing & Data Research experience.
- Nonprofit Marketing experience highly preferred.
- QDAS, nVivo, and ATLAS, Ti software experience preferred.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Passion for foster care adoption and alignment with NAA’s mission.
- In-depth understanding of marketing principles, strategies, and best practices.
- Familiarity with various marketing channels.
- Strong quantitative skills, including statistical analysis, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and ability to interpret complex data sets and extract actionable insights.
- Deep data visualization and executive presentation experience (Tableau, Power BI, Salesforce, Excel, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills to effectively convey complex data insights to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to create comprehensive reports and presentations that communicate key marketing metrics and performance indicators.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; ability to think and work independently, prioritize, and strategize.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products and familiarity with GSuite.
- High level of teamwork with the ability to collaborate across the organization and with partner organizations.
Role and Responsibilities
1. Data Analysis & Visualization: Responsible for collecting, cleaning, and analyzing data from target audience. Use qualitative data software tools (QDAS products, nVivo, and ATLAS, Ti and similar software.) Identify trends, patterns, and correlations in data to provide actionable insights for marketing strategies. Provide comprehensive data reports of themes to communicate key marketing metrics and performance indicators. Create data visualizations and dashboards to communicate insights effectively to marketing teams and stakeholders.
2. Market Research & Automation: Conduct market research to identify best practices to reach target audience based on primary data collected, literature, and other best practice research. Implement and manage marketing automation tools to streamline marketing processes, including email marketing, lead nurturing, and customer segmentation. Stay updated on data privacy regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA) and ensure that marketing activities adhere to these regulations.
3. Reporting & Documentation: Prepare regular reports and documentation to present findings and recommendations to sites and leadership for execution. Design marketing plans for the overall center (year 1), and five site-specific plans per year (year 2-5) for each site, including social media strategy, based on data gathered during national focus groups and research of best practices.
Benefits and Compensation:
The Marketing & Data Specialist salary is $50,000. As a member of our team, you will not only receive a competitive salary and a generous benefits package including a gold health plan, dental & vision insurance (100% employer paid for employees!); employer retirement plan contribution; and professional development opportunities, among others. You will also enjoy your work - knowing you are a part of a dedicated group of professionals making an impact.
NAA is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
How to Apply:
No phone calls please. Apply online at Marketing & Data Specialist with a cover letter and resume by December 1, 2023.
Please note - applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Founded in 1982 under the name Adoption Exchange Association, the National Adoption Association is the country's premier national association of adoption professionals and organizations. NAA is the only national association focused exclusively on supporting the educational needs of those in the adoption profession. The organization serves adoption exchanges, private child-placing agencies, and public child welfare systems by engaging members in national discussions to eliminate barriers to foster care adoption and share best practices. Our mission is leaders advancing best practices in adoption from foster care. Our vision is to build the premier network of professionals and agencies to create innovative strategies and solutions so that every child has a permanent loving family.
NAA Racial Equity Statement:
As leaders in child welfare, we recognize systemic racism creates disparities that negatively impact our staff as well as the children and families we serve. NAA is committed to listening, learning, and taking actions to advance racial equity by:
- Continually and intentionally recruiting, hiring, and supporting diverse staff, including consultants and vendors;
- Using a racial equity lens in all of our programmatic work;
- Evaluating our organizational policies and procedures to ensure that they are antiracist;
- Allowing staff to be their authentic selves.
 Anti-Racism is defined as the work of actively opposing racism by advocating for changes in political, economic, and social life. Anti-racism tends to be an individualized approach and set up in opposition to individual racist behaviors and impacts. Source: ProInspire sourced