Senior Health Center Analytics Consultant
Join a small, dynamic team that's raising the bar for health center analytics.
Relevant’s mission is to support community health centers in their drive to improve patient health. We do this by providing smart, friendly analytics software, along with hands-on support and consulting to help health centers tackle all kinds of data challenges.
Health centers love working with us, and our analytics team is a key reason why. The team leads implementations of our platform, often helping to resolve long-standing organizational pain points around data and reporting along the way. After implementation, they act as a resource for the health center’s internal data team, helping them solve hard problems, sharing knowledge and best practices, and building up their internal capacity.
This job requires top-notch technical capabilities, strong project management skills and the interest and ability to form strong relationships with the people at our health centers. Successful applicants may come from a variety of backgrounds, but if you have a track record as an outstanding analyst, analyst-manager, or director of data at a health center, hospital, or ACO, we’d particularly like to talk to you.
Lead new health center implementations.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings; develop a detailed understanding of customer business processes; extract, clean, and analyze EHR data; write lots of SQL… and build the foundations of a long-standing, strong relationship with Relevant!
Provide consultative analytics support to our health centers.
- Ensure that Relevant's technology is being used as effectively as possible to improve patient outcomes and health center operations. Conceive, manage, and execute data initiatives for health centers; build reports and data visualizations; lead regular stakeholder meetings; provide advanced training and technical assistance to health center data teams.
Help us build the best possible analytics platform.
- Identify improvements and new features for our platform based on feedback you've gleaned from customers, market research, insight into industry best practices, and your own domain expertise.
- A track record of successfully navigating both messy database schemas and organizational politics to produce analytics that drive organizational change in healthcare organizations. Most successful applicants have gotten this through 3+ years' experience extracting clinical, operational, and financial data from electronic health record systems.
- A passion for solving analytical problems, and the SQL skills to do so! We’re looking for comfort with concepts like subqueries, temp tables, and window functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to lead effective conversations with a variety of health center stakeholders, including technical folks, clinicians, and executives, is a key job requirement.
- Strong project management skills. You're undaunted by complex projects with lots of moving pieces and can make progress even as priorities change and personalities intervene.
- Knowledge of and interest in healthcare quality improvement and population health management. You care about helping people provide great patient care!
- You are nice, and you value collaboration.
Nice to have:
- Experience in or a desire to work in a young company where many things are yet to be figured out. Even better if you'd like to help do that.
- Excel wizardry. For example, we'd love for you to know everything there is to know about Pivot Tables. Thorough knowledge of a BI platform such as Tableau, Qlik, Cognos, or Crystal would also be a big plus.
- Similarly, it'd be nice if you had some experience with scripting languages such as Python or Ruby, or a desire and aptitude to learn.
- Experience working with financial data like payments and claims is a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Working at Relevant
- Join a (currently, there are 20 of us) who love delighting our users and making a positive impact through tech.
- Help us build a company culture that's friendly, respectful, and encourages continual learning.
- We’re based in NYC but 100% remote-friendly.