Customer Advocate Manager
As a CA2 Manager, your work will be focused roughly 50% on operations and management of the global team and 50% on project work and strategy. Relationship management is at the heart of your role. As a CA 2 Manager, you will have to work with internal stakeholders and leadership to figure out an effective sales model without compromising the team’s customer experience focus. To accomplish this, you will closely partner with the Product Advocate Manager in creating an effective and impactful collaboration between our team (customer service+ sales) and their team (product knowledge+pre-sales). Outside of your immediate org, you will also work with many stakeholders across different teams such as Marketing, Support, Customer Success and Direct Sales and use effective partnerships with these teams to drive new projects and experiments with a focus on cloud conversion and revenue impact.
About The Team
Customer Advocates 2, aka CA2s, are a team of customer service experts that focus on providing sales and licensing support to mid-size Atlassian customers. The CA 2 role is unique, as it exists in a space between sales and customer service. Unlike our CA1 team which is focused on reactive interactions and working at scale to resolve billing and licensing issues, CA2s work is a mixture of proactive and reactive customer support and low touch sales. It is a core belief of our team that through the delivery of legendary service, we can influence customer value and spend in a way that builds loyalty at scale. This is why our team’s success is measured in part by CSAT, and in part by overall team revenue.
Our sales model is unconventional and it rocks! The sales process we aim for is transparent, client-driven and a perfect balance of high touch and self-service. Selling at Atlassian is driven by customers, fueled by the products themselves, and propelled further by Advocate-led guidance. We rely on our products, and our knowledgeable team of Product Advocates (who are our sister team) explaining the benefits of those products, to position the Customer Advocate 2 team to provide high touch sales support and remove roadblocks for customers ready to buy.
Your role and responsibilities as a CA2 Manager will be focused on:
- Managing a team of 5-7 direct and dotted line reports in 3 different regions
- Driving strategic and operational development of the CA2 role
- Process and Policy development with internal teams
- Operational metrics management and reporting for the leadership team
- Designing and executing experiments that will impact CSAT, revenue, and customer conversion
- Capacity and strategic headcount planning for the global team
- 4-6 years in customer support or sales experience, preferably in the tech field
- 2-4 years of people management experience
- A knack for navigating and working with decision-makers across matrixed organizations and teams
- Experience working not only cross-functionally but cross geographically. Our global team is located in EMEA, APAC and AMER regions and collaboration and engagement with each geo are key to our success
- Experience with scaling sales teams
- Experience with developing and executing on strategy, and managing global operations effectively
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More About Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.