Strategic Customer Success Manager 🔥
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We’ve received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world’s most interesting problems.
Our Strategic Customer Success Manager (CSM) will be a key part of the North America Customer team, helping ensure that our Enterprise customers in North America recognize their objectives, receive value from their investment in Onfido, and as a result, renew and grow their commitment with us.
The Strategic CSM will be ultimately accountable for customers’ usage of the product and realization of value from their investment.
Strategic CSMs provide a blend of technical knowledge, analytical skills, and customer management/influence skills. Entrepreneurial in spirit, Strategic CSMs think creatively on how to ensure clients maximize value from their Onfido investment. Strategic CSMs can look at customer data, develop insights, and make recommendations to customers on how to improve results, onboard more customers more quickly, while reducing fraud and risk.
With our roots in London, Onfido is rapidly expanding in North America. Our customers include some of the largest companies in Financial Services, Payment Processing, Travel, and FinTech. The global Customer organization is uniquely positioned to help those companies through their digital transformations by providing expertise and best practices as those companies implement our identity verification solutions.
As a Strategic Customer Success Manager at Onfido you will:
- Understand customer objectives, set measurable targets, and help customers achieve those outcomes.
- Coordinate Executive Business Reviews with customers that address technical and product initiatives
- Be ultimately accountable for customer adoption and usage targets
- Monitor customer performance metrics and make specific recommendations for improvement
- Develop deep product and subject matter expertise
- Predict adoption and service blockers or challenges for customers and remove them by running repeatable plays that ensure positive results
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with internal partners
- Quickly learn, master, apply, and position technical knowledge related to the Onfido platform and competitor offerings
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell Onfido products, increase usage and, when appropriate, work with the Account Executives so that they can drive growth with the customer that is based on value and outcomes for the customer
We’re looking for a Strategic Customer Success Manager who has:
- 3+ years solid experience in Customer Success/ Sales Engineering/ Technical Account Management / Professional Services or similar
- Experience simultaneously working with multiple customers who each represent more than $1M in revenue each
- Ability to organize and manage multiple and competing priorities
- Experience using technology, business intelligence tools, metrics and reporting to manage a customer relationship. Gainsight experience preferred.
- The ability to resolve a number of complex issues on their own, without the need to always ask for technical or subject matter assistance
- The ability to adjust your communication style to assist customers at various levels of technical depth and at multiple levels of leadership
- Ability to be an effective customer advocate to Product Management and other internal resources including senior level executives
- The ability to always assume positive intent when collaborating internally
- Patience, positive attitude and strong relationship-building skills
- Strong organization, time management and project management skills
- Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness
Desired Industry Expertise Include / We’re looking for a Customer Success Manager who has:
- Knowledge of Identity & Access Management (IAM), Customer Identity & Access Management (CIAM) or digital identity verification (IDV)
- A background in payments, cybersecurity, RegTech/Fintech or FS industries
Onfidoers share a set ofand want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
We’re committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
> Share options in Onfido, through our equity schemes. Share options have a one-year cliff and vest over four years
> 25 days annual leave plus a day off for your Birthday
> 10 paid holidays.
> 10 paid sick days.
> Two paid volunteering days per year.*
> Rich health, vision, and dental benefits are offered via our partner TriNet. TriNet gives you the flexibility to choose a plan that suits you and Onfido now covers 100% of the cost of our elected base plans for you and 50% for your dependents
> Life Assurance
> 401(k) match up to 4% of your total salary*. You can contribute what you like (up to the annual federal limit).
> Generous paid parental leave
> Free mental health coaching provided online
> Life enrichment allowance of up to $100 per month to use for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare, and therapy
> Dedicated learning opportunities including using tools like Learnably with availability to use for learning resources such as books, coaches, conferences, courses, podcasts, and more
> Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnThursday); holding quarterly team socials, and other company-wide social events
> Expense up to £300 (or local equivalent) to purchase workstation setup equipment
> The opportunity to become a member of Onfido’s resource groups in order to learn different skills in our belonging groups
*after 3 months
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.