Marketing Manager Job Description
Write On Fundraising brings equity and compassion to philanthropy by facilitating access and amplifying voices to increase capacity and impact, influence communities, and invest in people and organizations. We accomplish this by serving as a bridge between traditional fundraising practices and new upstream methodologies. Simply put, we provide fresh fundraising solutions for high-impact nonprofits through grant writing, individual giving, training and education, and capital campaign services.
Our innovative team collaborates remotely across the U.S. and is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Communication and impact fuel Write On culture - systems like #slack, Harvest, and Asana enable us to produce the best possible outcomes for our clients while providing life balance and value to team members.
The Marketing Manager is charged with stewarding the brand of Write On Fundraising in external and internal communications and design, leading the company’s various marketing campaigns, and designing outstanding client fundraising collateral. The position is a full-time, remote opportunity with a salary range of $50K-65K and a highly competitive benefits package. Qualified candidates will show demonstrated results in fundraising content development and design, traditional marketing mediums, and public relations and will have secured an undergraduate degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Business, or similar. Mastery of AP Style is required.
Geographical preference will be given to candidates in Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Kansas.
- Work with various internal stakeholders to ensure that Write On and client brand guidelines are clearly articulated in all internal and external communication
- Ensure that all materials produced are of the highest quality and meet the needs of the company, clients, and funders
- Using Write On’s marketing strategy as a guide, update distribution lists and identify target audience members and opinion leaders to add to the lists
- Execute Write On’s promotion strategy for both existing and prospective markets, to include website content development and ongoing maintenance; e-newsletter drafting and distribution; management and content development for multiple social media channels; webinar and podcast production, editing, and distribution; GMB set-up and maintenance; facilitation of in-person events; and assistance in product design for e-commerce store
- Execute after-the-sale communications strategy and provide outstanding customer service
- Proofread and edit various materials, including marketing copy, cases for support, grant applications, and supporting documents as requested
- Work with team leaders to design various client materials, including cases for support, booklets, invitations, flyers, brochures, and fundraising appeals
- Design internal marketing pieces to include business cards, trade show materials, pitch decks, presentation templates, direct mail pieces, and social media graphics.
- Serve as a member of Write On’s management team, providing all Write On Fundraising staff with mentorship, collaboration, and motivation
- Other duties as assigned
- At least three years of marketing and communications experience
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Graphic Design, Business, or similar
- Outstanding design portfolio/work samples
- Nonprofit experience, preferably in fundraising and communications
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in both team and autonomous environments
- Preference for candidates physically located in northwest Arkansas; Oklahoma City or Tulsa, Oklahoma
- High proficiency working with tools such as InDesign, Adobe PhotoShop, HarvestApp, Asana, G-Suite, Zoom, and other Cloud-based software systems
To apply to this position, please email your resume, cover letter, and link to design portfolio or three work samples to.