We are a group of misfits, rebels, and outside-of the-box thinkers that believe in creating a judgment-free safe space for everyone to find their true voices. MavTek is how career-defining change is invented, where connections are made for life, and bravery in all forms is celebrated. We’re fostering an environment of supportive growth where all team members can discover and realize their maximum potential.
Specializing in the building of comprehensive eCommerce platforms, our e-commerce social platform is disrupting the work of monetized content delivery and changing people’s lives by pursuing their passions.
We're looking for a brilliant Front End Developer to join us.
Our approach to a people-first mentality is having the right people in the right roles. We take our time getting to know our candidates, because we want to do it right, and we want you to know we’re committed to growing together. Our hiring process is not easy. We are very demanding and looking for out-of-the-box thinkers that have a positive and uplifting attitude. If you have a high IQ & EQ, we think you would fit right in. We expect excellence as we will be investing in you as much as you will in us. If that resonates, we want to hear from you.
We believe in the redistribution of wealth and giving back as much as possible to our team members, that includes:
- 4 Day Work Week (work 32h get paid for 40h)
- Competitive salary & generous vacation packages
- Remote work policy
- RRSP & DPSP plan to help you prepare for your future
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Home office subsidy, in addition to the essentials including laptop & accessories
- An environment where you can grow and gain opportunities for development and advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Generous referral program
What your day-to-day life at MavTek looks like:
- Spearhead migration projects, focusing on transitioning legacy homepage, video content to our platform, ensuring seamless and efficient integration
- Engage in meticulous pair reviews of both personal and team members' work by utilizing pull requests, ensuring code quality and adherence to established standards
- Facilitate technical discussions, participate in grooming sessions, contribute to planning sessions, and lead daily scrum meetings with the development team to enhance collaboration and streamline project progress
- Enforce and elevate code standards, diligently maintaining code quality to guarantee the delivery of robust and efficient front-end solutions, implementing and upholding industry best practices
- Take charge of monitoring and enhancing the observability of our services, meticulously ensuring the flawless functionality of our applications and contributing to continuous improvement efforts for service reliability and performance.
Enough about us, we want to know more about you
- You have a proven track record of strong Front End skills, with over 5 years of experience in developing with React.js, Next.js, and Typescript
- Strong asset if you have knowledge in both NodeJS, Vue.js and PHP as the team utilizes them interchangeably
- Believe in the value of tests, be it unit, integration, acceptance or other, and you aim to deliver these alongside your high-quality code
- Knowledge of AWS services, and mostly understand the importance of alerts, monitoring and observability
- Perfectly comfortable with a "you build it, you own it" mindset and you understand your responsibilities continue after you push code to production
Language of work for positions permanently located in Quebec
Knowledge of French is required for positions permanently located in Quebec so candidates can communicate with their colleagues and suppliers in Quebec as necessary. French-language training is offered to all in permanent positions in Quebec who do not have a good knowledge of French.
Other language requirement
Another language is required for this position in order to communicate with clients, partners, and colleagues, who are predominantly located outside Quebec. The company has just one client in Quebec but is responsible for the technical support that this client provides to its subscribers, almost all of whom are located outside Quebec. It must therefore constantly use another language to communicate outside Quebec with these subscribers.
Dedicated to both your career and personal growth, we offer the chance to constantly learn, develop and create a well-rounded entrepreneurial skillset. We are shaping future business owners and leaders who will redefine the corporate world.
MavTek strongly supports growth and equal opportunities for all our communities.
Together, We Get It Done!
No salary data published by company so we estimated salary based on similar jobs related to Video, PHP and Ecommerce jobs that are similar:
$20,000 — $40,000/year
💰 Profit sharing
Montreal, Quebec, Canada