Finance Operations Analyst
We raised our Series A of $18 million last year, led by Felicis with participation from BGV, Alven, HarbourVest, Techstars and notable GTM and PLG experts like Elena Verna, former CMO at Miro, Darius Contractor, CPO at Vendr, or Sahil Mansuri, CEO of Bravado.
We're expanding our Finance team and are looking for a Finance Operations Analyst. We're looking for someone autonomous, smart, and creative who's excited being hands-on and learning everyday.If this sounds like you, please apply now! We can't wait to get to know you!
Why this is a great opportunity for growth?
- Joining MadKudu as a Financial Operations Analyst means immersing yourself in a world of unparalleled opportunities. You will:
- Gain Comprehensive Finance Expertise: Receive top-notch training and hands-on experience across diverse finance areas.
- Contribute to Our Growth: We're a VC backed company so you'll play a vital role in our next round of funding, actively contributing to our company’s success story.
- Executive Mentorship: Work closely with our CFO and top executives, gaining insights into strategic decision-making.
- Collaborative Environment: Join a collaborative, supportive, and innovative team that values your contributions.
- Remote Autonomy: Enjoy the freedom of remote work (We have Kudus in Mexico, Brazil, US, Canada and France ) collaborating with a global team that appreciates and values your expertise.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Manage Finance Operations: Oversee employee onboarding/offboarding, document finance processes, and assist in monthly reports and book closings.
- Administer Contracts and Expenses: Handle vendor contracts, manage employee expenses, and oversee corporate accounts.
- Financial Reporting: Assist accounting teams, resolve uncategorized items, and create/update reports for executive decisions.
- Billing and Accounts: Maintain purchase orders, act as the primary contact for customer/vendor communication, and manage invoice processes.
- Tax and Compliance: Respond to state notices, manage various tax processes, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- FP&A: Report on budgets and expenses, monitor ongoing expenses, and contribute to cash forecasting and liquidity management.
- Payroll and G&A: Process payouts, review withholdings, and assist kudus with any issues regarding payroll and benefits.
- Investor and Stock Management: Assist in investor data requests, ESG questionnaires, 409A valuation, and stock option management.
- Risk Management: Manage insurance renewals, oversee current and new benefits, and ensure compliance with risk management policies.
What are the requirements?
- Fluent English written and oral
- Finance or Accounting degree
- Very high attention to detail
- Versatility & ability to multi-task to meet multiple deadlines
- Experience working for U.S startup in a finance role (preferably Series B or above) having handled some the following:
- - Billing and procurement: purchase orders, invoicing, billing
- - Month closings: Finance or accounting month closings
- - Accounting: Accounting classifications & categories
- - State taxes: Sales tax softwares & state taxes for startups (responding to state notices, state filings, tax invoicing…)
- - Financial literacy: Good understanding / interpretation of financial statement items. (Working directly on reports based on the financial statements / updating general finance reports / investor relations…)
- - Finance Tech stack: BILL (invoicing), Precoro (procurement), Middesk (taxes), Quickbooks online (accounting) or equivalent tools
- Proficient in excel (vlookups, pivot tables, conditional statements…)
- Self-starter, collaborative, solutions-oriented approach to complex problems
- Willingness to learn about a variety of Finance subjects
- Flexible hours
- Fully remote with some opportunities to meet the team in person