Digital Marketing Manager
Position Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Salary Range: $78000 - $90000*
*New hires are typically brought into the organization between the minimum to midpoint of the salary range posted depending on qualifications, internal equity, and the budgeted amount for the role.
Reports to: Director of Digital Communications
Schedule: M-F, 9-5
Formerly the Mental Health Association of New York City (MHA-NYC), Vibrant Emotional Health’s groundbreaking solutions have delivered high quality services and support, when, where and how people need it for over 50 years. Through our state-of-the-art technology-enabled services, community wellness programs, and advocacy and education work, we are building a society in which emotional wellness can be a reality for everyone.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and managing all digital content content creation for Vibrant Emotional Health’s programs and services, including the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline and Disaster Distress Helpline. This person will develop and manage digital content strategy, best practices, messaging and campaigns for all public-facing Vibrant and Lifeline digital properties, including social media, websites, blogs, and others.
The Digital Marketing Manager is a digital storyteller who feels comfortable creating engaging content while digging into the fundamental technical aspects of Digital Marketing. Eagerly absorbs insight from customer research and sees the world through our customers' eyes as they craft engaging content for touch points throughout the user's journey across websites, social media channels, campaigns and programs.
This Manager will also create digital public education messaging, tools, and campaigns to increase public awareness of Vibrant's mental health resources and programs and support Lifeline's crisis center network by raising awareness of the work of crisis centers and how the public can support them. This Manager will also collaborate with digital product vendors, foster and manage online partnerships and opportunities for public suicide prevention messaging and engagement, and represent Vibrant, Lifeline, and the DDH at conferences and events as necessary. The Digital Marketing Manager supervises the Digital Marcom Coordinator and reports to the Director of Digital Communications.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for recommending, creating, and executing digital marketing and communications strategies, campaigns, and messaging for Vibrant Emotional Health's programs, including the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline and Disaster Distress Helpline, and ensuring that those strategies adhere to digital best practices and best practices for mental health and suicide prevention communications. The Manager will guide all digital projects from start to finish and manage the digital components of projects, including but not limited to websites, email, and social media. This person will train the Digital Marcom Coordinator in digital best practices and supervise the release of public and internal messaging on digital channels. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage, run, and troubleshoot Vibrant's digital properties and channels, including websites, email, and other digital tools, along with Web Optimization Manager
- Create content strategy briefs detailing the scope, timelines, deliverables, tactics and performance objectives needed to execute effective, customer-centric content for website, campaigns, and customer channels
- Collaborate with website owners, marketing leaders, and relevant campaign stakeholders, offering solutions for continuous content optimization
- Collaborate with internal and external creative partners to ensure strategic asset development remains aligned with initiative level/ campaign content strategy - collaborating with designers to ensure all assets are in-line with the overall conceptual theme
- Create and adapt public messaging campaigns, resources, and other content for Vibrant digital properties
- Lead and advise on digital messaging and digital projects from conception to completion
- Advise on the implementation of mental health and suicide prevention best practices in digital media
- Track metrics, create reports, and recommend digital marketing and communications strategies based on goals
- Help advance Vibrant's mission through stories and content to illustrate the mission
- Coordinate activities with partners, vendors, and other programs and departments
- Moderate HTML/CSS and WordPress knowledge
- Well-versed in the use of social media as a marketing tool
- Experience with website management, including troubleshooting and adding plug-ins
- Train other team members on website troubleshooting/management
- Experience conceptualizing and creating public digital messaging campaigns and strategies, with a focus on addressing sensitive, complex and timely subject matter
- Understanding of digital analytics, social media management tools, and content management systems
- Strong understanding of user experience (UX) design principles and accessibility guidelines for websites
- Experience managing and publishing content on social media channels and website properties
- Strong creative skills, especially writing/editorial
- Project management skills
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, media studies, communications or a related field
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in a marketing and communications department of a complex organization; editorial and/or public relations experience in a nonprofit mental health, health, or human services organization a plus
- At least 5 years of experience managing and publishing content on public-facing websites, social media, and other digital properties
- Ability to meet deadlines and anticipate future needs
- Flexibility and occasional availability on evenings and weekends for organizational needs
- Infrequent travel may be required
Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available. 4 weeks' vacation, plum benefits, etc.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they are able to perform every task in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background.
Vibrant will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role.
Vibrant Emotional Health is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
VIBRANT EMOTIONAL HEALTH DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). VIBRANT DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS NOR WILL YOU BE REACHED OUT TO FOR SENSITIVE INFORMATION BY EMAIL OR PHONE DURING THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
"Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Vibrant does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted on our careers page and all communications from the Vibrant recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @vibrant.org email address"