Volunteer Grant Writer
Volunteer Grant Writer at Lwiro Primates Rehabilitation Center
The Grant Writer will be responsible for identifying grant opportunities and managing the grant development and proposal process. Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional and resourceful demeanor, the ability to work both independently and as a team player, and a desire to take initiative.
Job Type: Volunteer. Part-time
Expected hours: 5 - 10 hours per week. Flexible schedule (choose your own hours).
Time commitment: Preferably Minimum 1 year, to start as soon as possible.
- Research and identify grant opportunities based on funding amount needed, location, and organization project.
- Track and create a calendar of grant opportunities - including deadline dates, required materials, etc.
- Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization.
- Complete and submit grant applications to secure funding.
- Successfully understand and communicate the mission and vision of the company applying for the grant.
- Maintain a chart of grant applications: including grants applied to, the status of the application, and grant deadline.
- Communicate with foundations, if needed, to confirm an organization is applicable to apply for funding.
- Identify all requirements of the grant to ensure all necessary attachments are submitted on time.
- Prioritize grants to apply for (based on the size of the grant and the time funding is released).
- Create and update grant FAQ document to provide organizations applying for their own grants.
- Helping to envision, develop and create campaigns and key events.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES NEEDED
- Motivation and enthusiasm for working on fundraising and grants to promote Lwiro Primates’ mission and values.
- Some background or education in marketing and communications.
- Self-starter, ability to work well on your own and as part of a team and under the supervision of Management.
- Creativity and ability to develop high-quality marketing and fundraising materials.
- Excellent written, verbal, editing and communication skills, in English
WHAT YOU CAN GAIN FROM THE ROLE
- Gain hands-on experience in researching and identifying grant opportunities.
- Develop and enhance grant writing skills by crafting compelling proposals aligned with the organization's mission and objectives.
- Build connections within the conservation and grant writing communities.
- A chance to play an active role in African wildlife conservation.
- Make a meaningful impact on the rehabilitation and well-being of primates by securing funding for critical programs and projects.
- Witness the tangible results of successful grant applications in the form of improved facilities, resources, and support for primate care.
- Experience the satisfaction of knowing that your efforts directly contribute to the betterment of the environment and the lives of animals in need.
- Develop a sense of fulfillment by being part of a dedicated team working towards a shared mission.
Deadline: Review of applications on a rolling basis. Early applications will be given priority consideration.
To apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and a cover letter detailing their relevant experience and motivation for supporting Lwiro Primates Rehabilitation Center. Please send applications towith the subject: Volunteer Grant Writer at Lwiro Primates Rehabilitation Center.