Content & Booking Assistant
From Day One is a media outlet and conference series focused on innovative ways for companies to foster stronger relationships with their employees, customers, and communities.
At a time when society holds businesses to a rising level of accountability, From Day One explores how companies can build well-grounded values into their business—diversity, responsibility, transparency—and stick with them in an economy driven by disruption.
What’s unique about From Day One is our cross-disciplinary approach, bringing together executives from the fields of corporate social responsibility, human resources, marketing, and communications. Our events facilitate people-focused conversations that promote real, actionable ideas for and from executives, civic leaders, authors, and journalists across the country. Businesses have increasingly seen the wisdom of putting people first. Our mission is to help companies find the best ways to deliver on that promise, from day one.
Our business model includes an extensive series of both online and real-world content. We facilitate an extensive series of one-day conferences in approximately 20 cities around the country, with new locations added regularly. In addition, we host a regular series of online gatherings, ranging from topic-focused webinars several times a week, to monthly virtual conferences, as well as regular roundtables and small-group sessions.
We regularly publish articles including reporting and opinion pieces by our team and a network of notable journalists, led by the company’s chief content officer, veteran journalist Stephen Koepp.
About The Role:
We are looking for a Content & Booking Assistant to perform a variety of administrative, digital, research, and writing tasks in support of our company’s audience and speaker booking leads.
This role will include exposure to all aspects of speaker booking and audience developing process, from developing content ideas and data sources, crafting VIP outreach, researching potential initiatives, and helping coordinate with our partners. You will have the opportunity to be closely mentored and professionally developed by our content team and the company's founders.
To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance, and have an interest in becoming an important contributor to the booking and audience development process of a nationally prominent news and events brand.
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience in a related role
- Basic knowledge of business software such as MS Office products, Google For Business, or similar
- Skill and experience with writing in a business context
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A 4-year college/university degree
- This is a full-time salaried position. Starting salary is $50,000 per year with opportunities for regular advancement and raises
- This position is fully remote, although you will have opportunities to meet and socialize with the mostly Brooklyn-based staff if you are in the area and wish to connect
- This position requires a 4-year college/university degree at minimum. Candidates should have a strong academic background and a minimum of 2 years of full-time, professional post-graduation experience
- From Day One offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (fully employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage), competitive vacation policies including summer and winter breaks, and an employee stock plan
- Diversity and inclusion are absolutely core to our mission, and we are committed to those values in our hiring process