Associate Director Of Innovation
About Neighborhood Trust
Neighborhood Trust is a national nonprofit social enterprise and marketplace innovator creating solutions to better meet the financial needs of low wage workers. Our solutions are designed to create high-impact, systemic change by directly serving both individuals and institutions. We help workers eliminate and avoid debt, which enables them to build savings, escape the vicious cycle of living paycheck to paycheck and assert control over their financial lives. For over 25 years, we’ve worked side by side with workers, collected vast data and qualitative insights about the financial challenges they face, and built strategic partnerships across the financial services ecosystem.
Our work is grounded in our understanding that our economy was founded on and has grown through racist policies and institutions, which have depleted the wealth and the economic mobility of people of color. Therefore, we serve our clients cognizant of the structural inequities that are their reality today and that live within their personal histories. This lens informs all our efforts, from our direct services to the way we share insights with peers, policymakers and the market.
About Your Role
The Associate Director of Innovation - In-Market Solutions will work to bring to market improvements and innovation of NTFP’s existing products (TrustPlus & Pathways) to better serve the needs of households living on low and moderate income, who are also disproportionately BIPOC. The focus will be on making existing product offerings the best in the market - i.e better at having the intended impact - and improve the economic sustainability of the product. They will participate in collaborative human centered iterative design, testing, and build processes to deliver results.
- Work with the Director of Innovation to plan and execute product improvement & innovation projects to meet NTFP strategic goals.
- Facilitate cross-functional project teams to drive projects to successful completion.
- Execute consumer, user, and desk research to define the consumer pain points that could be better addressed for impact with existing products.
- Execute a process to ideate product improvements or innovations to solve the pain point. Evaluate solutions based on approved criteria.
- Work with designers to execute tests, with intended users, and iterate on UI/UX changes.
- Work with the Data and Analytics team to develop metrics to evaluate new product features contributing to improving impacts for clients.
- Work with the Product team to define specific technical requirements to implement improvements or innovations including cost/time estimations for MVP implementation & full implementation.
- When an improvement or innovation is approved, act as the “business owner” for that project through implementation.
- Communicate effectively with staff across teams and at all levels about the work that you are responsible for.
What You Bring:
- Alignment with
- 5+ years of experience using digital financial products
- Experience with digital products that are built on Salesforce technology
- Familiarity with NTFP products.
- Knowledge of human centered design practices and agile methodologies
- Experience with interviewing workers living on low and moderate incomes. Ability to execute interviews in Spanish is a plus.
- Experience improving products whose users include households living on low and moderate incomes.
- Ability to engage effectively with staff with diverse levels of experience & expertise.
- Passion to be part of an organization addressing systemic financial insecurity and wealth inequality.
- Status: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Director of Innovation
- Location: While periodic travel will be required to our headquarters in New York City, this position can be performed remotely and candidates located anywhere in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.