Grant Writing Consultant 🔥
Just Beginnings Collaborative (JBC) is requesting proposals for a grant writer (Consultant) to assist JBC’s leadership in creating innovative proposal templates based on a System Change framework. We are seeking a candidate whose writing will help us shift prevailing narratives and open doors for funders to appreciate and support grassroots work as the wise solution we need.
- A specific understanding of funding intermediaries and their fundraising vs. programmatic strategies
- An understanding of the Systems Change framework as it relates to theories of change in social justice movements
- Alignment with JBC’s purpose of preventing child sexual abuse without violence by connecting people for healing and transformation that centers the experiences of Black, Brown and Indigenous womxn, femmes, and QTPOC folx most impacted by white supremacy, patriarchy, extraction, and violence.
- Excellent communication and persuasive writing skills
- At least 2 years of experience with grant writing and research
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Capacity to drive work independently
- Familiarity with gender-based violence funding, criminal justice funding, and (preferably) the intersection of the two
- (Preferred) Some knowledge of less traditional philanthropic partners and forward-thinking funding entities in the United States and internationally
Scope of Work
We expect the chosen consultant to have a proven track record for excellence in developing proposals, letters of intent, concept notes, and other grant-related communications, as well as grants research, in order to create:
- Grant proposal template that includes an organizational narrative and compelling case for non-carceral approaches to CSA prevention
- Letter of intent template that introduces new funders to JBC’s work and vision.
- Concept note template that provides a more detailed summary of JBC
- Submission of grant applications using these templates
- Tracking template/document for any grant applications current and future
- Grant reporting as needed
- Ensuring compliance of any and all applications with eligibility requirements set forth by the grantor and by JBC’s fiscal sponsor
This is a three-month contract with a maximum of 60 hours allotted to the aforementioned scope of work (approximately 15-20 hours/week). The budget for this project provides for an hourly rate of $100 to $125/hour. We will consider any and all proposals that fall within this range.
Consultant will track hours and bill JBC on the first of each month.