Pr and Digital Media Specialist
The Cheetah Conservation Fund has an engaged audience of over 350,000 followers across its social media accounts. Our digital and media outreach brings our on-ground conservation initiatives to a global audience, building conservation awareness for the cheetah and its ecosystem, and amplifying our fundraising campaigns. To further our mission, we are looking for a versatile Public Relations & Digital Media Specialist.
We are looking for a self motivated team player that can help CCF grow while maintaining our current following. We seek someone to successfully communicate with our dedicated group of followers and supporters expanding their window into the world of field conservation. The ideal candidate can successfully navigate a complicated media landscape with honesty and integrity, inviting the general public to participate in our journey to save the cheetah in the wild.
Enhanced Media Presence: Through captivating narratives and PR initiatives, we hope to reach a broader audience by leveraging our current following and networks of influence.
Unified Digital Narratives: With a focused approach, our conservation stories will gain more traction and our content will be better used across channels, and affiliates to build awareness and support globally.
As our PR & Digital Media Specialist, you will:
- Content Creation: Develop compelling content tailored for platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Media Outreach: Proactively pitch engaging stories and initiatives to journalists, media outlets, and influencers to promote CCF's conservation efforts.
- Public Relations: Build and maintain strong relationships with media entities, influencers, and key stakeholders, ensuring CCF’s mission receives adequate exposure.
- Digital Media Strategy: Explore and implement strategies on emerging media platforms to increase our outreach and audience engagement.
- Digital Presence Management: Monitor and refine CCF's online presence, ensuring consistency with branding guidelines and messaging.
- Affiliate Collaboration: Work closely with global affiliates to ensure consistent messaging and aligned conservation narratives.
- Data Analysis: Review and analyze engagement metrics to gather insights and adjust our media strategies accordingly.
- Industry Trends: Stay updated on the latest PR tactics, new media tools, and overall digital marketing trends.
While your primary anchor will be the Communications and Marketing Manager, you'll be an active member of the broader USA Staff Team. You will interact directly with international peers, field conservation, research and education officers, and the Executive Director.
- Solid grounding in PR, digital content crafting, and new media strategies.
- Mastery over platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Ability to maximize CCFs growth potential using PR distribution platforms and social media management applications.
- Hands-on experience with content management systems, notably WordPress.
- A well-rounded soft skill set that adds interpersonal value to our team. Some things we are looking for are cultural awareness, creativity, adaptability, flexibility, collaboration, time management, a growth mindset, resilience and problem solving.
- A profound allegiance to wildlife conservation.
- Previous experience in PR endeavors for conservation, zoology, farming/agriculture or educational sectors would be a valuable asset.
The annual remuneration for this pivotal role stands at $45,000 plus benefits.
Opportunities for travel to CCF’s field operations in Namibia and Somaliland to be considered after one year of successful employment.