Part Time Community Engagement Specialist
Do you have a heart to serve a community of patients and make an impact on their wellbeing? Are you proficient in Spanish and passionate about health equity and removing barriers to care for underserved communities? Are you interested in a part time opportunity that nests into your life schedule? Then consider joining the small and mighty team at the VHL Alliance (VHLA)!
VHLA is a 501 (C) (3) nonprofit patient-centric healthcare organization committed to improving quality of life and health outcomes for persons with VHL and their families with inclusive community building, connections to excellent education and treatment options, and advancements in medical research. Learn more about our impact at.
The VHL Community is in a stage of great advancement! Nobel Prize winning researchers, a promising new drug therapy, and a nationwide network of 39 centers of excellence offer energizing hope to individuals with VHL and their families. We are seeking a passionate and organized part-time specialist ready to engage with our community as the front line provider of VHL information and communication. Primary duties would include:
- Provide administrative support to the staff and organization, including overseeing the general email, web chat, phone line, and answering mail.
- Process donations, create weekly reports for the bookkeeper, create thank you and acknowledgement notes, and document deposits.
- Provide translation services for Spanish speaking VHL community members and provide Spanish translation for written products as needed.
- Manage the CRM database and ensure that all information in the database is consistently up to date, gather information and contact info through CRM queries, and ensure the financial information is correct.
- Assist with administrative aspects of events, including registrations, creating materials, answering attendee questions.