Finance and Bookkeeping Support
- Manage CDA’s bookkeeping/accounting, managing/monitoring QuickBooks; including tracking and coding all incoming money and outgoing expenses
- Develop and manage CDA’s cash flow and annual budget.
- Manage monthly accounts payable.
- Manage CDA payroll and 401K plan, bank accounts, and credit cards.
- Monitor credit and debit card use.
- Provide general administrative support to the Executive Director, and Director for Advocacy and Strategy.
- Event and trip planning, scheduling, and logistical tasks as needed.
- Assist in maintaining and ordering office supplies; equipment inventory; and storage unit
- Managing incoming and outcoming mail
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and appointments
- Assist in organizing and executing special projects and events, including annual gala.
Human Resources Support:
- Manage hiring, onboarding and offboarding process for new and departing staff.
- Respond to staff questions regarding benefits, payroll, state tax, and other administrative questions.
- Support CDA’s DEI work, including efforts to ensure diverse applicant pools for job openings.
- Manage relationships with insurance brokers, payroll vendor, and other vendors.
- Manage policy renewals for organizational insurance policies and ensure proper level of coverage.
- Ensure compliance with employment law and local taxes, including with remote work employees and contractors.
- Help maintain confidentiality and data security in HR and Operations activities.
Grants Management and Compliance
- Track donor database, update Salesforce, produce reports as needed
- Donor communication and management such as following up on pledged donations.
- Support with the writing and preparation of grant proposals and reports for new foundations or for expanded support from current foundations.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree preferred or equivalent combination of education, training and proven experience as an administrative assistant or in a similar role.
- Prior experience working with QuickBooks and Salesforce is required,
- Capacity to Manage down, up and laterally - including via briefing organizational leadership - to make sure tasks are completed well and on deadline.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, solid judgment, and discretion.
- Logistical acumen and superior communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Comfort engaging with principals – including members of Congress and senior officials.
- Ability and desire to be a team-player within a lean, fast-paced, and start-up environment
- Knowledge of HR processes and practices.
- Spanish fluency, written and spoken
- Passionate about foreign policy and Latin America and the Caribbean