Program Assistant 🔥
Faces & Voices of Recovery is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that aims to transform the way addiction and recovery are perceived and embraced through advocacy, education, and leadership. Our pledge is firmly based on the belief that every individual deserves to be treated with compassion and respect, and we are devoted to creating a society that values and supports recovery. We connect, organize, and mobilize millions of faces and voices. Through collective efforts in recovery advocacy, community support, and education, we promote the right of every individual and family to recover from substance use disorder, while demonstrating the value and impact of long-term recovery. We are based in DC, but we are remote-first company that enables you to do your best work from anywhere.
Our organization values diversity and inclusivity in our workforce and aims to attract candidates from all backgrounds. We encourage individuals of all races, colors, religions, genders, national origins, ages, disabilities, veteran statuses, marital statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, or any other legally protected characteristic to apply for our open positions. Our goal is to foster a work environment that promotes diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, recovery, and advocacy. We are committed to creating a welcoming and dynamic workplace where everyone feels valued and respected.
About the role:
As a part of the Programs team at Faces & Voices of Recovery and reporting to the Programs Manager, the Program Assistant will be responsible for providing support for one or more programs within the organization. Collaborating with team members on activities such as training, accreditation, advocacy, membership, events, fundraising and outreach.
What you’ll do:
- Host virtual meetings through the Zoom platform
- Prepare meeting materials, record notes, and send reminders and evaluations
- Assist with collecting project data and preparing reports
- Update website as needed
- Create surveys and collect results
- Coordinate travel and event logistics
- Other administrative duties and interdepartmental duties
What you’ll bring:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint
- Experience with Salesforce, WordPress, Survey Monkey, Doodle poll
- Superior internet research skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written/oral communication skills
- Associates degree (AA) required; or previous administrative work and proficiency with relevant software platforms required
- Familiarity with healthcare, wellness or substance use disorder industry
- Familiarity with the Recovery Community Organization model