Graphic Design and Web Specialist 🔥
Graphic Design and Web Specialist
The Center for Global Health and Development (CGHD), chair of the Women’s Health and Economic Empowerment Network (WHEN) is seeking a Graphic Design and Web Specialist to assume a paid, part-time position at the Center, with a potential performance-related advancement opportunity.
About CGHD and WHEN:
WHEN’s mission is to help organizations achieve meaningful and sustainable outcomes by scaling their existing efforts through innovative financing mechanisms. Despite the efforts taken by many low-and-middle income countries to improve women’s health care at a population level, there remains substantial gaps in financing these policies.
WHEN was established to create a streamlined financial platform to align leaders from various G7 government agencies, UN Institutions, private sector partners, philanthropists, and others with a shared goal of improving women’s access to capital and healthcare across the globe. The WHEN platform designs and scales solutions to challenges in women’s economic empowerment projects in health, education, agriculture, education, and entrepreneurship. We identify, leverage, and connect projects to a wide range of alternative sources for funding. This includes lending from private sector finances, angel investors, development financial institutions, venture capital firms, and philanthropists.
As the Secretariat of WHEN, CGHD’s mission is to help organizations achieve meaningful and measurable outcomes by scaling their existing efforts, creating task forces, blended financing platforms, and developing stategy. CGHD has worked across Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the United States to create socially focused, financially stable, and science-backed programs.
We are currently seeking a Graphic Design and Web Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will help the Center develop strategy and provide input on a wide range of issues related to growing access to healthcare through blended finance in emerging markets. The Graphic Design and Web Specialist is the principal graphic artist/web designer for all CGHD and WHEN publications and outreach materials (including design of CGHD/WHEN websites). Promotional materials include website, logos, social media activity and PowerPoint deck design. The position requires a creative understanding of methods and styles that appeal to a wide variety of audiences. This position also serves as a backup for web maintenance.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- The position is a part-time, contract position with variable hourly work.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- Previous design experience in a variety of media, including print and online. There must be strong design skills with a variety of software applications, and other relevant design and editing programs. Previous experience with a content management system is required.
- Expert knowledge in web design.
- Ability to communicate detailed information, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under firm deadlines, with a variety of project managers, is vital.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A major in communications, art, design, or marketing.
- Substantial experience in designing materials for circulation to governments, private sector, and other strategic partners.
- Experience using a Digital SLR Camera and basic image editing knowledge.
- Video-editing experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The individual filling this position must be creative, results oriented, excel in customer service and have strong administrative skills
- Must be able to exercise initiative, work independently, multitask, and project a professional image at all times
- Proficiency in interacting with senior officials, including leaders and decision-makers across the public, private, and philanthropic sectors.
- Superior critical thinking and analytical skills
- Sound judgement, self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and solve problems.
- Capacity to quickly adapt, prioritize, and work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.