Contract Administrative/operations Associate
EMPLOYER: Masa Group LLC
POSITION: Contract Administrative/Operations Associate
TYPE: 1099 Contractor
COMPENSATION: $18-20/hour for 32 hours per week
LOCATION: Fully remote, must be based in the United States, and must be willing to work East Coast hours
This is an opening for a fully remote 1099 administrative/operations contractor with. This is an hourly independent contractor position with the expectation of a commitment of 32 hours a week, with at least half of those hours being during Masa Group’s typical business hours of M-H 10a-6p ET. To be considered, all applicants must apply via . Potential candidates will be contacted to schedule an initial screening interview.
Masa Group is a boutique consulting firm whose mission is to secure progressive, just, and bold policies at the state, local, and national levels on behalf of social justice organizations. Masa Group is an immigrant and minority-led consulting firm specializing in local, state, and federal immigration advocacy.
Masa Group provides policy support for immigration nonprofits engaging in state, federal, and local pro-immigration advocacy. Masa Group’s current and former clients include, the , , , , , , , and . To learn more about the work we do, please visit the portion of our website.
This is an hourly independent contractor position with the expectation of a commitment of 32 hours a week, compensated hourly at the rate of $18/hour. The contractor will be required to submit a timesheet and payments will be made twice a month. The contractor is responsible for all relevant state and federal taxes and withholding.
This is a 1099 contractor position. There are no benefits beyond the compensation outlined above.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position requires at least one to two years of relevant experience. The Contract Administrative Associate will report to the Director of Development and Strategy and will assist with a number of administrative tasks including taking notes on calls, completing basic tasks in Google Docs and Sheets, managing calendars, and other duties as assigned.
- Schedule calls, appointments, and virtual meetings (25%)
- Email management for Masa Group employees and contractors (25%)
- Attend meetings, record notes, and distribute to applicable parties (10%)
- Copyediting and data entry (10%)
- Other administrative tasks as assigned (30%)
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Proficient (or willing to learn) at utilizing:
- Google Calendar
- Google Drive
- Google Office Suite (Docs, Spreadsheets, and Forms)
- Zoom (especially Zoom webinars)
- Mail merge
- Experience as an office assistant or in a related field.
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Great communication skills.
- Masa Group, LLC requires all employees and contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless there is a documented medical exemption.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Interested candidates should apply through. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and accepted through 8a ET on Monday, November 27, 2023. Potential candidates will be contacted to schedule an initial interview.
Masa Group is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action in employment. All persons are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or immigration status. BIPOC, immigrants (including DACA, TPS, and other noncitizens), LGTBQIA+, and other minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.