Development Strategist 🔥
We seek a self-motivated and experienced development strategist to join our team. The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of experience in non-profit fundraising, foundation/donor relations, and grant writing/reporting. The Development Strategists will play a critical role in our growing organization by working with our senior team to develop and implement fundraising strategies, building new and maintaining funder relationships, and securing funding to support our various projects and activities.
What You’ll Do:
- Fundraising Strategy: Work with our leadership team to develop, implement, and manage comprehensive fundraising strategies and campaigns to meet the organization's financial goals.
- Ensure Accountability: Work with and support staff members to reach their fundraising goals.
- Funder Relations: Work with the senior team to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with existing funders and potential donors to ensure long-term engagement and commitment.
- Grant Writing: Research, write, and submit grant proposals and reports to foundations, corporations, and government agencies. Maintain a calendar of grant deadlines and manage the submission process.
- Funder Events: Plan, coordinate, and execute funder events, including briefings, site visits, and special events to engage funders and increase contributions.
- Funder/Donor Stewardship: Acknowledge and recognize funder/donor grants and donations, maintain a key supporters database, and work with our staff to provide regular updates to funders on the impact of our work.
- Prospect Research: Identify and research potential donors, foundations, and grant opportunities to expand the organization's funding sources.
- Budget Management: Collaborate with the operations team to ensure proper financial oversight and projected income.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the leadership team, Senior Strategists, and other key staff to align development efforts with the organization's mission and strategic priorities.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience in non-profit fundraising and development with proven success in securing grants, donations, and sponsorships. Experience in community organizing at the local, state, or national level is a plus
- Strong Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas into clear, compelling messages.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team: self-motivated with minimal supervision but eager to collaborate with our team.
- Organizational and project management skills: Strong project management skills, coupled with sharp attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities; Demonstrable focus, resilience, and problem-solving skills to develop solutions under challenging circumstances.
- Commitment to meeting people where they are at: Demonstrated ability and commitment to working with people from a variety of ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as varying religious and political backgrounds.