User Interface Designer 🔥
We're looking for a UI designer with the enthusiasm to tackle complex design challenges and the expertise to solve them successfully. Ideally they have at least two years of professional design experience and are fluent with Figma (this is important). This is a full-time, work-at-home-or-work-in-our-Columbia-Heights-office job. The salary is $60-to-$80k/year depending on your experience and skills (we also provide generous benefits).
- Work within our established development process to create design systems (this all starts with Figma).
- Charm clients and peers by articulating design solutions and goals.
- Perform your design magic responsibly in regard to timelines and budgets.
- Juggle multiple assignments with grace and finesse.
- Stay up-to-date with the ever-evolving trends in UI design.
- Have a positive and collaborative relationship with colleagues.
While this position doesn’t require you to write code, or do non-UI design work, it would be great if you had a few other tricks up your sleeve:
- Whip up attractive print designs.
- Develop branding materials and craft brand standards documentation.
- Mastery of WordPress, Webflow, and Editor X is always a plus!
Compensation, Perks, and Benefits
- Simple IRA with 100% match for contributions up to 3% of annual salary.
- 31 days of paid time off per year.
- 40-hour work-week policy (very few late nights or weekends).
- Flexible hours and unlimited telework, but you’ll need to overlap a majority of your time with normal East Coast (ET) business hours.
- Paid Family Leave benefits.
- $450/month reimbursement for Health, Dental, and Vision.
- A casual, dog-friendly office in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington, DC.
- Professional development stipend.