Digital Product Manager For The Pathways Platform 🔥
This is a 12 month, remote consultancy starting from January 1st (or sooner), with a possible extension across the three-year project funding window. Workload of the project will be an average of 20 days per month, no less than 75% required. Estimated 10-20% international travel will be required.
If you are looking for a consultancy that can deliver meaningful impact on people’s lives and influences strategic efforts for world-leading organisations - we want to speak with you. Sonder Collective is currently looking for a Digital Product Manager to help drive automation, delivery, and uptake of an innovative population health segmentation tool and approach. The selected candidate will help realise the potential of such a platform to shape how and where key health interventions are delivered and even which are funded.
Pathways (www.projectpathways.org) is a multi-disciplinary global health initiative aimed at exploring the social, cultural and environmental risk factors impacting Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child Health and Nutrition (RMNCH+N) to inform effective action. The goal of this initiative is to develop both quantitative and qualitative evidence in the form of population representative household segmentations that allow global health practitioners to stratify households based on social, economic, cultural and environmental vulnerability factors that are associated with poor health outcomes. A household segmentation has been developed for Northern Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, and Bihar, India. The segmentation solutions are currently utilised to develop and refine much needed health interventions.
About Sonder Collective:
Sonder is a design for good co-operative registered in Finland with members and collaborators globally. Sonder operates as a network of independent consultants and freelancers with experience in design and research for global health, development and social impact. Sonder works on complex large scale programmes using design-led processes to develop innovative services, systems and solutions.
Scope of work:
We are looking for an experienced Digital Product Manager to help advance the sophistication and uptake of the Pathways Platform and related global population health segmentation tools over the next three years.
The selected individual will be responsible for:
- Developing and refining the platform's roadmap, ensuring timely and consistent requirement gathering.
- Communicating both the roadmap and potential trade-offs with the design/ development team, donor, country representatives, and additional partner organisations.
- Clarifying key product/solution selection decisions for stakeholders with a focus on platform sustainability.
- Collaborating closely with a ~4-6 person Sonder design team.
- Organising and driving effective collaboration with a full-stack technology partner responsible for software and system development.
- Collaborating with research and design teams advancing the use and uptake of existing Pathways tools in countries and across donor/funding organisations.
Competencies and requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in product / program management, preferably in the non-profit health and development sector.
- Experience working with product development collaboration and prioritisation tools such as: Jira / Click-up, along with Productboard / Canny.io for maintaining feature roadmaps.
- Experience with analytics and user behaviour evaluation tools such as: Google Analytics
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in developing and maturing a product or process.
- Experience working successfully across a widely varying stakeholder set.
- Experience with community management and multi-faceted project coordination.
- Excellent written and spoken proficiency in English required.
- Experience in working in teams using mixed research methods is an asset.
- Openness and curiosity to participate in innovative design driven projects.
- Female candidates from the Global South are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to travel internationally.