Chief Fundraising Officer 🔥
Equal Citizens is looking to hire a Chief Fundraising Officer to raise money in support of a 2024 ballot initiative in Maine to place limits on contributions to SuperPACs. The Chief Fundraising Officer will be responsible for running an extensive digital fundraising campaign, identifying and soliciting potential small and large donors, and organizing fundraisers in Maine and across the country.
Raising money to take on SuperPACs requires grit, determination, and the ability to ignore the naysayers. We therefore are searching for someone who truly believes in the necessity of getting big money out of politics and who thrives when facing a big challenge.
This is an upper-level position requiring previous political fundraising experience (either in a campaign or non-profit setting). This position is not formally affiliated with the Ballot Question Committee running the initiative.
The Chief Fundraising Officer position is remote and open to all U.S. citizens.
- Design and implement a fundraising campaign in support of the 2024 SuperPAC initiative in Maine.
- Execute a comprehensive digital strategy that includes the website, microsites, content development (including audio/visual products), email, content optimization, social media, and paid advertising to generate donor leads and to raise money..
- Use all tools at the organization’s disposal to push back against the narrative that SuperPACs cannot be regulated, building off Equal Citizens’ Cancel SuperPACs video contest.
- Recruit and manage a team of interdisciplinary outside consultants, creative agencies, volunteers, and interns.
- Coordinate PR and social media efforts to maximize small donor fundraising and organizational messaging.
- Manage fundraising by optimizing digital fundraising campaigns and soliciting in-person donations.
- Develop and oversee campaign budgets.
- Implement reporting processes for the campaign to ensure accountability to our funders and board members.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in digital fundraising
- Extensive knowledge and experience with online fundraising and digital campaign platforms (e.g. WordPress, Stripe, Mailchimp, ActBlue, Adwords, Facebook Ads)
- Proven success in digital fundraising required
- Experience developing and implementing campaign objectives and monitoring progress through analytics and metrics
- Successful track record in identifying potential donors and devising tactics to engage, inform, and motivate them to donate
- Experience managing outside consultants, project management, project communication, and project budget management
- Works well in a team
- Excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with and passion for U.S. electoral reform highly desirable
- Experience in leveraging high profile principals and surrogates to fundraise
Starting salary is negotiated based on the selected candidate’s qualifications, experience and work location.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please email adam [at] equalcitizens.us with a cover letter and resume as attachments, and include “Chief Fundraising Officer” in the subject line. The application deadline is rolling until a candidate is hired.