Accounting Manager 🔥
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling intentionally and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Develop a strong understanding of the underlying business as well as the general ledger layout to serve as a basis for decision making in transaction recording and financial reporting
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of Flock financial accounting by providing appropriate guidance and review to team staff regarding GAAP requirements, process execution and reconciliation practices.
- Review posted entries and reconciliations to ensure each complies with GAAP and contains sufficient supporting documentation. This role may also own the preparation of certain journals and reconciliations in addition to supervisory responsibilities
- Ensure accounting outcomes are achieved via documented and straightforward processes that are designed to scale as the company grows
- Coordinate & drive the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process including maintenance of the close calendar and close management tool (FloQast) and a cadence of team check-ins and stakeholder communications
- Identify bottlenecks and blockers within the critical path for close and other projects. Select appropriate path forward to deliver accurate and timely results
- Assist in maintenance of the general ledger and chart of accounts to scale with the business and meet the objectives of reporting and analyses
- Develop relationship with cross functional team and effectively partner with each to capture accurate accounting and improve team processes
- Review existing policies and processes and improve for accuracy, efficiency and compliance. Create new documentation when necessary.
- Coordinate with external auditors in managing audit deliverables.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare financial statement fluctuation analyses as part of the monthly close process.
- Support the preparation of external reporting financial statements and other reports by ensuring information necessary for reporting is prepared as part of the monthly close process.
- Coach and mentor accounting staff.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting or finance with 8+ years of experience
- CPA (required)
- Working experience in NetSuite
- Proven track record in fast paced environments with competing priorities
- Detail oriented with the ability to communicate summarized findings effectively for leadership audience
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP for key transactions in a technology firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and motivate your team.
- Willingness to work with cross functional teams to improve processes and systems.
- Experience at a similar capacity in a fast growing company–public company experience will be a plus.
Feeling uneasy that you haven’t ticked every box? That’s okay, we’ve felt that way too. Studies have shown women and minorities are less likely to apply unless they meet all qualifications. We encourage you to break the status quo and apply to roles that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Why Join Us?
Can you imagine a world without crime? We can. Our mission is simple, to eliminate crime. We pride ourselves on building a community of low-ego and easy to work with people. What makes Flock Safety special is a combination of interesting work, a compelling mission, and a chance to change the trajectory of your career. We are at a unique inflection point where, after a few (or many!) short years here, we know you will accelerate your career and look back fondly on your time with us and the work you did to make your community safer.
💰Salary & Equity: In this role, you’ll receive a starting salary of $100,000-$130,000 as well as stock options
🌴Use what you need PTO: We seriously mean it, plus 11 company holidays and your birthday off!
⚕️Fully-paidplan for employees: including Medical, Dental, and Vision and an HSA match.
👪Family Leave: We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers.
🍼Fertility & Family Benefits: We have partnered with, a complete digital health benefit for starting and raising a family. We will reimburse $10,000 a year for adoption, surrogacy, or infertility.
🧠Mental Health: All employees receive an annual subscription to
💖Caregiver Support: We have partnered withto provide our employees with caregiver support
💸Carta Tax Advisor: Employees receive 1:1 sessions with Equity Tax Advisors who can address individual grants, model tax scenarios, and answer general questions.
💻WFH Stipend: $150 per month to cover the costs of working from home.
📚L&D Stipend: $250 per year to use on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly and so much more.
🏠Home Office Stipend: A one-time $750 to help you create your dream office.
🏢Coworking Space: If you’re not local to our ATL HQ, we’ll provide $250 a month to get you set up with an All Access Membership to WeWork (or a local coworking space in your area).
🐾Pet Insurance: We’ve partnered withto provide insurance for our employee’s fur babies.
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at