Finance and Hr Manager - Us
Position Title: Finance and HR Manager
Purpose: The Finance and HR Manager is responsible for financial accountability and ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for all finance and HR activities. This position oversees the Finance and HR functions for Global Give Back Circle (GGBC) USA (a 501 (c) 3 organization).
1. Financial Planning and Management:
- Has primary oversight of all GGBC department and project budgets.
- Prepares analysis of key financial indicators and is responsible for monthly/ quarterly reconciliation, statements, and updates of departmental spending forecasts.
- Provides clear information to the leadership team regarding departmental and program spending.
- Responsible for the budget requirements of proposals developed/submitted by GGBC.
- Prepares monthly financial statements for the Board of Directors including a narrative on financial results.
- Oversees the completion of banking activity and cash flow forecast for the organization.
2. Accounting and Financial Reporting:
- Responsible for the accuracy and ethical preparation of financial reports and data.
- Manages all accounting functions, including grant management accounting, accounts payable, and payroll and benefits.
- Assures appropriate policies and oversight are instituted to assure integrity in the management of all GGBC finances.
- Oversees Grant Management and management of Donor restricted contributions.
- Assembles supporting documentation for audit requirements.
- Provides information for the completion of Form 990, and other annual financial reports.
- Ensures accounting for activities is in accordance with all local laws and implements new accounting and reporting requirements, as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with US reporting requirements, and insurance reports, if any, and that other government regulatory requirements are met.
- Recommends and implements fiscal policies and procedures consistent with GGBC requirements and the requirements of our funding partners.
- Sets financial policies and requirements related to partner MOUs and funds management.
3. Budgeting and Cost Management:
- Analyzes reports and statistics for use in developing new and improved policies, procedures, and budget processes.
- Identifies areas for improved cost management and works with program managers to implement cost reduction opportunities.
4. Audit and Compliance:
- Responsible for interface with external auditors and preparation of all financial statements and footnotes.
- Experience in coordination of audit activities, budget development, and financial analysis.
5. Leadership and People Management:
HR responsibilities for a small team.
- Supervisory responsibility for Grant Management Specialist and other finance staff.
- Work with external HR and legal resources as needed to ensure compliance.
Knowledge of US Federal and State Accounting, Tax and Legal Requirements.
Experience in coordination of audit activities, budget development, and financial analysis.
Strong understanding of non-profit accounting, grantmaking, funds distribution, and financial reporting to funder.
Experience managing a small remote team.
Keen analytics, organization, and problem-solving skills.
Strong interpersonal skills and effective written and verbal communication skills.
Employment is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Employment is contingent upon signed acknowledgment and compliance with all organization policies including but not limited to: Safeguarding, Gender Policy, Intellectual Property, etc.
Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks and payroll systems preferred.
BS/BA in Accounting; MBA preferred.
Experience in a non-profit environment preferred.