Senior Director Of Development
About Grameen America:
Grameen America is a nonprofit microfinance organization dedicated to helping low-income women entrepreneurs build businesses to enable upward financial mobility. We envision an inclusive society in which all entrepreneurs, regardless of gender, race or income, have access to fair and affordable financial services. We provide affordable capital, credit- and asset-building, education and peer support to enable our members to boost their business income, create jobs and transform communities.
Founded by Nobel Peace Prize laureate Muhammad Yunus in 2008, Grameen America is now the fastest growing nonprofit microfinance organization in the U.S., having achieved tremendous milestones in its first 15 years of operations, investing $3.6 billion in nearly 180,000 low-income women entrepreneurs while demonstrating measurable impact. Our members have repaid their loans at a rate of over 99% and have become economic drivers in their communities. For more information, please visit.
Today, Grameen America is at an inflection point as we build upon our success. Grameen America is poised to enact a bold vision to scale our organization, lift low-income communities, stabilize families and create multigenerational change, and we are embarking on a $1 billion effort to generate this impact. The overall $1 billion effort will include $300M in philanthropic revenue. This is an opportunity to join a high performing Development team committed to increasing its philanthropic revenue goals to achieve that vision.
About the Role:
Grameen America is at a pivotal moment as an organization, positioning itself to create breakout scale and impact in low-income communities across the United States. The Senior Director of Development will work closely with the VP of Development and Marketing to help lead the organization’s fundraising efforts to advance its core strategic goals. Reporting to the VP of Development and Marketing, the Senior Director will develop and lead strategy to grow increased and sustainable revenue streams, with a focus on individual and major gifts. The Senior Director will strengthen our internal fundraising capacity, expanding upon our existing revenue, and growing our donor base.
Revenue Generation and Strategy
- Serve as a lead member of the development team designing and implementing our strategy to achieve success on our bold fundraising goals to support the organization’s visionary 10-year strategic plan for breakout scale
- Develop the overarching individual revenue growth strategy with focus on high-net-worth donors and major gifts in alignment with our organizational fundraising goals, values and vision.
- Oversee and execute individual donor engagement strategies and tactics, including events, from pipeline development to cultivation, stewardship and renewal
- Partner with VP of Development and Marketing to engage and assist the CEO and board of directors in supporting the fundraising goals of the organization, including preparation of prospect communications, research, collateral, and funding proposals
- Oversee relationships with key individual donors, families and family foundations providing catalytic support to the organization
- Partner cross-departmentally to ensure that fundraising and donor engagement strategies are aligned with program activities and events
Department Leadership and Management
- Collaborate with and provide thought partnership to Vice President of Development and Marketing to review departmental systems and processes to ensure alignment with the organization's revenue goals, implementing new systems and practices that enable success and support future revenue growth
- Manage a small team to support individual revenue growth and department operations
- Provide and model leadership that inspires and motivates all staff to meet the full potential of their jobs
- Minimum of 7 plus years’ work experience desired
- Demonstrated experience having led, expanded, and developed fundraising strategy resulting in significant revenue growth for organizations
- Track record of identifying, leading, and closing six- and seven-figure asks with a focus on individual and major gifts
- Deep experience with how high-net worth donors, family offices and foundations can be influenced and stewarded
- Results-driven, dynamic leader and strategic thinker with management and team building experience
- Superior attention to detail with high degree of initiative, organization, and a proven ability to meet and complete multiple tasks with solid deadlines with full follow-through
- Strong, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills; ability to represent Grameen America in a highly professional, engaging manner
- Ability to analyze pipeline data to identify trends and patterns for revenue generation and resource allocation
- Prior experience working with diverse funders including corporate, institutional, and individual donors a plus
- High levels of emotional intelligence and relationship-building intuition
- Solid working experience with CRM tools (Salesforce preferred) and Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Passion and commitment to Grameen America’s mission and vision
- Spanish language skills a plus